Wet frames - how long to leave on hives?

Default Wet frames - how long to leave on hives?

I'm planning on returning wet frames to my hives. How long will it take for them to clean up 2 8-frame mediums or 1 8-frame deep after extraction?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Wet frames - how long to leave on hives?

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I'm planning on returning wet frames to my hives. How long will it take for them to clean up 2 8-frame mediums or 1 8-frame deep after extraction?
    I left mine a week but that was the first chance I had to retrieve them. I suspect anything after two days would be fine.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only

Default Re: Wet frames - how long to leave on hives?

I never put wet frames on hives and don't see any advantage in doing it. But, if you have the fetish, I would imagine how long they would take to have honey expunged would depend on temperature and external sources of nectar. External sources are going to be harvested first. My wet supers are sprayed with Aiazawa strain BT to protect from wax moth and stored in stacks indoors protected from rodents and insects. The wet combs instantly draw the bees in to repair and refill supers and I am convinced it increases my harvest.