Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Evodia Finally Blooms This Year

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SueBeeTN 
#1 ·
I planted two of them 7 years ago and they were one year old seedlings when I got them....Now I wish I had bought 100 of them. This year the famous Bee Bee Tree bloomed and I get to see for myself why beekeepers love this tree. It's hot and dry and they have been getting worked for over two weeks so far, and most of the flowers have not even opened up yet, as you can see from this photo:

Honeybee Bee Insect Membrane-winged insect Flower

See less See more
#7 ·
I planted two of them 7 years ago and they were one year old seedlings when I got them....Now I wish I had bought 100 of them. This year the famous Bee Bee Tree bloomed and I get to see for myself why beekeepers love this tree. It's hot and dry and they have been getting worked for over two weeks so far, and most of the flowers have not even opened up yet, as you can see from this photo:

View attachment 49799
I planted one 6 years ago and was told it would grow 5 feet a year and bloom the next year. Ha! It is about 8 foot tall and bloomed for the 1st time this year but I agree, I wish I had planted a bunch more. The bees love it and need it this time of year. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.