Keeping Bee Hive Records - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Keeping Bee Hive Records

I just keep a journal for my six hives and, like you, wasn't remembering when I got back so this morning I tried using my phone and it worked great, I opened up the notes app and used the microphone feature to make the voice entries and then will transcribe into my journal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

I never got into the duct tape on the cover method. Instead I get a few scraps and cut offs from a local vinyl fence manufacturer and cut them into flat pieces. The pieces fit between the IC and top cover, one of the small sharpies works great to permanently mark any info.
    “The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” -George Bernard Shaw

ToweringOakFarm - Cleveland- Southern East Texas

I ordered some different colored flat thumb tacks so I can press them in on the top of the frames to identify which ones have brood and stores. I will take pictures before closing them up then I can look at them later. I did write on the frames this go around but I want to change that method up.

Quote Originally Posted by username00101 View Post
    I tried writing with a marker on top of the hives, but the marker wears out after a month or so, and I can't read anything.

What type of paint pen do you use, exactly?
    I use the same kind of paint pen used to mark a queen. It lasts a lot longer.

Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12