Entrance trap

Thread: Entrance trap

Default Entrance trap

I vaguely remember seeing a thread about this but cannot find it. Has anyone made an entrance box with conical bee escapes so I could go to a yard at say 6pm, screw on the entrance escape, and have all the bees in the hive and secure for a move the next morning? Should be simple to make and only downside i can see is them not finding their way in or me not moving them the next morning where id have to take it off. Am i missing anything? Seems more convenient then me out there at 9pm. My yards are on farms and i try not to disturb them nor get shot by neighbors.
    Last edited by kaizen; 06-18-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    Terrence

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Entrance trap

It's not a trap but I built a robber screen that can lock down a hive, also works great for a reorientation obstacle. The "slot" along the top of the screen's frame is approx. 3/8" that accepts a 1/4-5/56 piece of wood to lock the hive down, with a slight modification you can also leave a smaller opening. The frame is roughly 8" x 8" x 1". I run BBs with the entrance fixed a 4-4.5" so the screen works on all hives.

20170829_170948.jpg robber screen 1.jpg
    “The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” -George Bernard Shaw

Default Re: Entrance trap

Quote Originally Posted by Eikel View Post
    It's not a trap but I built a robber screen that can lock down a hive, also works great for a reorientation obstacle. The "slot" along the top of the screen's frame is approx. 3/8" that accepts a 1/4-5/56 piece of wood to lock the hive down, with a slight modification you can also leave a smaller opening. The frame is roughly 8" x 8" x 1". I run BBs with the entrance fixed a 4-4.5" so the screen works on all hives.

20170829_170948.jpg robber screen 1.jpg
    Those are some nice robber screens. My concept is that but with one way conical escapes going in so after i install they will get in and not get out.
    Terrence