Review Of Lyson Jacket

Default Review Of Lyson Jacket

I got this Lyson jacket for Father's Day: https://www.betterbee.com/jackets-an...s/jacketly.asp. I haven't used it yet, but I can tell I am going to like it better than my old one. Three improvements over my non-Lyson jacket are: 1. Zippered jacket. Much easier to put on and take off than the pull over type, especially if you have bad shoulders, and who doesn't? 2. Long cuffs with thumb holes. This is a big improvement over the elastic bands. More comfortable and sturdy 3. Chin strap. This is great for keeping the veil from slipping all over your head. It also has vented arm pits and seems quite sturdy. Pretty sure I am going to like it a lot. It only comes in tan which might be a minus for some, but not for me. About $75. Thanks kids. J

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Review Of Lyson Jacket

Congratulations!

It’s a great jacket as is the full suit.

I bought 2 this past winter. Once you get used to the left hand zipper it's a great light hive work jacket. Just a hint put the hat strap on back of head rather than chin is what works better for me. I had hoped the screen on veil would offer better visibility than my breeze suit....but it doesn't. I would say it's not as good on lyson.

I invested in an Ultrabreeze a few years ago. I'm in the minority here but don't care for it much. I do really like the Lyson though. Nice and lightweight plus it doesn't snag on everything like the Ultrabreeze does.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only

Quote Originally Posted by e-spice View Post
    I invested in an Ultrabreeze a few years ago. I'm in the minority here but don't care for it much. I do really like the Lyson though. Nice and lightweight plus it doesn't snag on everything like the Ultrabreeze does.
    Agreed! I actually dislike the Ultrabreeze, but my wife adopted it and likes it so all ends well.

Hopefully she never tries on the Lyson. I should stop raving aboot it to her I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkay View Post
    Agreed! I actually dislike the Ultrabreeze, but my wife adopted it and likes it so all ends well.

Hopefully she never tries on the Lyson. I should stop raving aboot it to her I guess.
    Glad I finally met someone who has the same opinion about the Ultrabreeze. Another negative about it is even a slightly hot smoker will melt holes in it left and right.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only

Thanks Tavery. I will try the back of the head. J

The Lyson seems true to size. So that's good. If your between a LG and Xlg get the xlg
    The thing I dont like about lyson is when working hives and the flimsy veil material wrinkles up cause of your position of lookng down? you cant see squat.

on the Ultrabreeze, Yep any vented siu5t catches on everything. Yep, Got holes all
    over mine. But, they do have the best zippers, and those full length brass leg zippers are very much worth having.....
    I only put mine on when pulling honey or dealing with a mean hive or iffy weather.