Honey labels

Thread: Honey labels

Default Honey labels

Where's the best place to get labels made?
    Oklahoma bee keeper

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

I got mine from Mann lake they will send a template you can make changes and order. Not saying it’s the best but I am happy. One thing I’d change is weight. I would not have a weight. I intended on doing just pints but people wanted quarts so both jars are labeled as 1.5 lbs but people don’t seem to be as concerned of it as I was.

Default Re: Honey labels

Mann Lake for us as well.

I use these labels from Avery. Bought em at Walmart. Wife made a label design and we print them with our printer. Seems to work well. Haven’t tried anything different, so I don’t know if it’s the best. They do look good.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avery-Rou...c1&athena=true

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonhoneyfarms View Post
    I use these labels from Avery. Bought em at Walmart. Wife made a label design and we print them with our printer. Seems to work well. Havenít tried anything different, so I donít know if itís the best. They do look good.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avery-Rou...c1&athena=true
    I use avery as well. Like having the ability to change them if needed. Only dislike is they run when wet. Going to try and spray them with something before applying this year. Sorry no idea exactly on price comparison as I just bought ink and started running them.

This one but turned the other way fits nice on a 1 pound bottle
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avery-R-P...c4&athena=true
    Terrence

Thanks for the feed back. I thought about get the avery labels and printing my own. Glad you told me they run when wet. I have looked at man lake but not sure yet.
    Oklahoma bee keeper

IMG_2124.jpg
    This is what I have got just would like to put in on a label. I ordered 9 off a site last night so we will see how they look.
    Oklahoma bee keeper

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    I got mine from Mann lake they will send a template you can make changes and order. Not saying it’s the best but I am happy. One thing I’d change is weight. I would not have a weight. I intended on doing just pints but people wanted quarts so both jars are labeled as 1.5 lbs but people don’t seem to be as concerned of it as I was.
    Get all ours from Mann Lake with 1 pound printed on the label as that is almost all we sell. When selling a larger or smaller bottle I just scratch through the number 1 and write in the correct weight. Only takes a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    Only dislike is they run when wet.
    If you print them on a laser jet (vs ink jet) printer they should not run and this may be way easier then trying to coat the labels. Laser jets "melt" plastic onto the paper and ink jets spray ink onto the paper. You can also get waterproof inks/cartridges for some inkjets, but I do not have any experience with these.

I use avery labels as well, printed on a laser. My labels are not water proof, which I don't like, but it isn't a big deal for me at this time as I'm mainly just labeling jars for fun. Avery does sell water proof labels as well which I imagine would address any running or pealing issues.

In regards to the volume, I did see a vendor at a farmer's market that had the same labels on all jars but had hand written the volume in the corner. Not sure if this is practical for everyone, but seemed like a good way of simplifying things.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt yocham View Post
    Thanks for the feed back. I thought about get the avery labels and printing my own. Glad you told me they run when wet. I have looked at man lake but not sure yet.
    My labels sit in a honey stand that just has a small awning covering it. Sometimes sits out there for several days in the humidity or rainy weather. Not had a problem with the Avery labels, even with an inkjet printer.

I believe the OP asked where's the best place to get labels MADE, so I focused my reply on that ; )

On the Avery website you can design labels and save them to your account and download them to you computer for printing. The thing I like is after you make your design for quarts you can save it to your account and then make a copy and edit it for pints, save, and on and on for all sizes. There is even a feature to apply your design to different sizes and shapes of labels. It is fairly easy to use, even for me.

Alex

Or you can design your label and they will print it for you, but I like the instant gratification of doing it myself.
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

I should clarify my earlier rubbing off post. The ones i posted earlier do not. The ones i did for tops of some glass jars using these did.
    https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...YaArMkEALw_wcB

I also use a label maker for pricing. I print off a bunch of "$10.00" labels and affix them. Also can be used for other things like weight or "Not for children under 2". I actually like my design and can change it for the seasons of honey......consumers like that.
    Terrence

Going to try and spray them with something before applying this year

Spray them with polyurethane, I use semi gloss.
    ďThe single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.Ē -George Bernard Shaw

Trying something different this time around - I just ordered folded business cards from Vistaprint and will tie them to the bottles. Outside has typical info (name, address, etc) Inside has nutritional info, a blurb about liquefying crystallized honey and warning not to feed to infants.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Trying something different this time around - I just ordered folded business cards from Vistaprint and will tie them to the bottles. Outside has typical info (name, address, etc) Inside has nutritional info, a blurb about liquefying crystallized honey and warning not to feed to infants.
    I like this approach or anything close to it. I saw someone else local was selling honey in mason jars and had literally wrote out a label. It looked horrible and unprofessional. I have seen handwritten labels look good as they did it with calligraphy or such and then made copies of it.
    Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by Matt yocham View Post
    Where's the best place to get labels made?
    I end up using Better Bee custom print labels. I have liked the design and pricing is reasonable.

I used to print wine labels on plain paper using a colour inkjet printer then give them 2 light coats of clear spray lacquer paint before cutting them.. to stick them to the bottles I dampened the back with a little milk.. sticks great as long as the bottle stays dry..

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    I use avery as well. Like having the ability to change them if needed. Only dislike is they run when wet. Going to try and spray them with something before applying this year. Sorry no idea exactly on price comparison as I just bought ink and started running them.

This one but turned the other way fits nice on a 1 pound bottle
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avery-R-P...c4&athena=true