XXXL nitrile gloves?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XXXL nitrile gloves?

I've got VERY large hands and bought some XXL nitrile gloves which are too small ...... anyone find a source for something even larger? Squishing too many bees with my regular hive gloves. Thanks
    Newbeek starting w/2 Pkg hives (2019). Zone 6a Central Indiana

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: XXXL nitrile gloves?

My first year I used the regular beekeeping gloves. Then I switched over to nitrile gloves. A couple years ago, I was working the bees and ripped the nitrile gloves. I was so tired of fighting with getting the second pair on sweaty hands that I just said the heck with it. Been bare handing it ever since. May I suggest just speeding up the process and passing right over the nitrile gloves? You got this!

Quote Originally Posted by trottet1 View Post
    My first year I used the regular beekeeping gloves. Then I switched over to nitrile gloves. A couple years ago, I was working the bees and ripped the nitrile gloves. I was so tired of fighting with getting the second pair on sweaty hands that I just said the heck with it. Been bare handing it ever since. May I suggest just speeding up the process and passing right over the nitrile gloves? You got this!
    Same here, I wore them for a month, got stung through them twice, I just bare hand now, and am ditching the jacket as well, the stings don't hurt( except on the fingertips), been beekeeping 2 months.
    NCSBA Certified Beekeeper - my Youtube Vlog
    https://www.youtube.com/c/BackyardBeesNC

>and am ditching the jacket as well

Yes, I ditched the jacket too. I just use a mosquito net with a draw string(very important). It just got so hot and uncomfortable that I figure the jacket is way more uncomfortable then stings on the arms, which rarely happens. I will say, my jacket is never far away though. Don't ditch that jacket all together. I'm certain you will need it at times.

Well...... I’m not sure that I’m fully prepared to get naked all at once with so many “girls” just yet... we really just got introduced (and I’m a Beek virgin). Trying nitrile gloves was literally a stretch - pun intended. A sting doesn’t freak me out but the prospect of a pheromone induced poker party on me is not on my bucket list.

What is your actual glove size?

I have no idea... I usually just keep trying them on until one fits ok. Usually XXL or bigger. My hand is 9" from fingertips to palm heel and 5" across the palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Champy View Post
    I have no idea... I usually just keep trying them on until one fits ok. Usually XXL or bigger. My hand is 9" from fingertips to palm heel and 5" across the palm.
    Measure the circumference of your palm, like this: https://nitrilegloves.com/glove-sizing-guide/

If you come up with a number bigger than 11, then you know you're likely out of luck for a disposable exam glove. On top of that, sizes vary based on styles and manufacturers. I need an XL sometimes but an L most of time, and I'm a 9.

I've used nitrile gloves for a couple years and like how they work. I may shed them in the future but for now I'm calmer with them on so apiary experiences are better.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Beepah View Post
    Measure the circumference of your palm, like this: https://nitrilegloves.com/glove-sizing-guide/

If you come up with a number bigger than 11, then you know you're likely out of luck for a disposable exam glove. On top of that, sizes vary based on styles and manufacturers. I need an XL sometimes but an L most of time, and I'm a 9.

I've used nitrile gloves for a couple years and like how they work. I may shed them in the future but for now I'm calmer with them on so apiary experiences are better.

Good luck.
    Well then its a push..... measures at 11.25". I'll keep looking eh?

if you find some post where, some of us have the same problem
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Not sure if they come in XXX but I use Glove Plus HD Powder Free Latex exam gloves, GPLHD86100 , 12 ml thick. Fond them on Amazon. Bees can's sting thru them and they last a long time. I know that some mfgs have 14 ml XX gloves, might be worth a look.

I have no personal experience with them, but I see Black Mamba gloves advertise a 3X large 6 mil work glove. You could contact them and ask for their measurement that corresponds to their 3XL before plunking down cash. They sell on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by ifixoldhouses View Post
    Same here, I wore them for a month, got stung through them twice, I just bare hand now, and am ditching the jacket as well, the stings don't hurt( except on the fingertips), been beekeeping 2 months.
    Now that is the issue with me. Been trying to bare hand it, but that last sting to the middle fingertip felt like a freshly forged sword into my finger. Just like somebody slammed a red-hot skewer into the tip.

I hate the nitrile that I have because the sleeves don't go far enough, so I get stung in the wrist anyway - which is far better than my fingertip. Also the sweat. It's horrible. It just pours out when I take off the glove. Plus what I have is too thin anyway, so I'll be working the hives and always end up with tears in the gloves. There has to be a better alternative compared to the full-size beekeeper gloves and the nitriles that hold in gallons of sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo3 View Post
    Now that is the issue with me. Been trying to bare hand it, but that last sting to the middle fingertip felt like a freshly forged sword into my finger. Just like somebody slammed a red-hot skewer into the tip.

I hate the nitrile that I have because the sleeves don't go far enough, so I get stung in the wrist anyway - which is far better than my fingertip. Also the sweat. It's horrible. It just pours out when I take off the glove. Plus what I have is too thin anyway, so I'll be working the hives and always end up with tears in the gloves. There has to be a better alternative compared to the full-size beekeeper gloves and the nitriles that hold in gallons of sweat.
    I've had great success with microflex integra N864 by Ansell. I use them all the time and can't recall getting stung through them. They are actually thicker in the fingers than in the palm and cuff. They come up the wrist a little bit too so I can tuck my long sleeve or jacket cuff in them. I know what you mean about wrist stings though. With one of my long sleeve sweatshirts the cuffs didn't tuck in well, and then the cuffs would pop out and become scoops, and then.....bam. That sweatshirt is no longer with us.

I use my gloves 3 or 4 times before tossing them unless I tear them or they get really sticky or gooey.

Quote Originally Posted by Beepah View Post
    I've had great success with microflex integra N864 by Ansell. I use them all the time and can't recall getting stung through them. They are actually thicker in the fingers than in the palm and cuff. They come up the wrist a little bit too so I can tuck my long sleeve or jacket cuff in them. I know what you mean about wrist stings though. With one of my long sleeve sweatshirts the cuffs didn't tuck in well, and then the cuffs would pop out and become scoops, and then.....bam. That sweatshirt is no longer with us.

I use my gloves 3 or 4 times before tossing them unless I tear them or they get really sticky or gooey.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into them. I like the dream of gloveless, but **** did that sting to the middle finger hurt! The swelling is mostly gone...

edit: it really censored da/mn?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo3 View Post

I hate the nitrile that I have because the sleeves don't go far enough, so I get stung in the wrist anyway - which is far better than my fingertip.
    Have you tried wrapping your wrist with masking tape or putting a ponytail band over the jacket to keep it down over the gloves? I use ponytail bands to keep the wrists of my jackets down.

These are tough gloves. I get 4 or 5 uses out of each pair. Extra long cuffs. The largest I see is XL but they really stretch. Amazon carries them.

http://www.dynarex.com/product.php?f...ves&itmno=0950

https://www.amazon.com/Dynarex-High-...6491J9JEZ5DSCG

i have not tried them with bees yet, i got some "grease gloves" they are nylon woven knit with black silicon palms cast on them. they will not be at all string proof on the back. but there will not be full deep stings, the palms are not thin. the good news is that i have never worn more flexible with the fingers or stretchable gloves, my hands are not small. comfortable all day also. i used them on a dirty welding job, there were some burn spots from spatter but no hand burns. your hands stay real clean.

Found these at Amazon and I can get them on ok plus they have extended cuffs... says “blue” but more like purple-ish. Fit good but we’ll see how the girls like them. Kinda expensive but they fit so I’ll deal with it while hunting for a deal ($18 for a box of 40). Only 6mil thick

https://www.amazon.com/Microflex-Pow.../dp/B01CCGNZ74

Found these at Amazon and I can get them on ok plus they have extended cuffs... says “blue” but more like purple-ish. Fit good but we’ll see how the girls like them. Kinda expensive but they fit so I’ll deal with it while hunting for a deal ($18 for a box of 40). Only 6mil thick

https://www.amazon.com/Microflex-Pow.../dp/B01CCGNZ74
    thanks will five them a try
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast