Mating yard visitor

Default Mating yard visitor

I was busy caging queens for to fill an order, when I felt something at my legs (scared the heck out of me). I looked down and saw that I had a visitor. Not to worry, she did not get stung, and when I drove off, I saw mama walk out into the field to retrieve her wayward child.

Sorry the pics are small, not sure what I am doing wrong when I upload them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Mating yard visitor

cool! J

Pretty awesome pics. You don't get those experiences in front of a tv playing video games!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I can imagine how startling that would be, concentrating on what you are doing and out of nowhere. Especially if you are in bear country!

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

Thatís pretty cool. I was at an out yard last Saturday, I opened the gate, went in and checked the bees. About an hour later when I left and closed the gate a little spotted fawn ran by about 5í from me. Went down to the bee hives and got in the weeds.

I pulled up to a trap out I was doing and a doe was hanging around. Seemed weird she wasn’t leaving. I set my ladder up on the house and as I’m looking at my footing, I look down in the window well for the basement and see that her very new fawn had fallen in and was stuck in the bottom. Pulled the little guy out, carried him to a brushy area of the yard and set him down. He took 2 steps and laid down to hide. I was watching mama to make sure she was ok with this arrangement. All was well.
    Mistakes are the best taechers