Which brood disease is shown in my photographs? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: European foulbrood - positive test, now what?

I can drive to Mann lake, it's not too far from where I live.

The hard part is getting the VFD. IDK any veterinarians that well. Is there any chance I can walk into a vet's office and get one?

What does the vet have to write?

The state inspector is probably going to come now that I've told him I got a positive result for EFB. He was responsive when I first called about 5 days ago.

I don't know what that inspector is going to do, but he did ask where I got the bees from.

IDK if I should call the supplier or not. What do I tell the supplier exactly?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

it's a little trickier if you have bees from other sources mixed in with the ones from that supplier. the supplier could claim your other bees are the source. still, i would be tempted to call and report what your test results showed just to see what kind of response you get. in the end the state inspector may investigate and that may or may not lead to any resolution for you.

call mann lake tomorrow, they have someone who can talk you through what you need to do.
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Update. Posted Here: https://www.beesource.com/forums/sho...=1#post1732515

Here's the summary: Veterenarian was more than happy to provide a feed directive, I drove to mann lake and picked up 10 lbs. I discovered that almost every hive was showing some signs of EFB, so I treated all but those that were completely bloodless due to recent swarm, or 1 had zero signs of EFB and extremely healthy brood. I kept that one untreated for now, it also has some honey that is almost capped, another couple of weeks and it'll be ready to harvest.

OVERALL: Most of the colonies look strong, and were only at very early stages of EFB (that is, the brood was JUST beginning to turn yellow and a couple appeared somewhat twisted. There are several that appear to be going broodless, and FUBAR queen cells rotting etc.

I suppose I'm going to have to just keep an eye on those broodless ones with capped queen cells, or recently hatched queen cells and see if they manage to start laying eggs.
    Last edited by username00101; 06-08-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Update with pictures.

10 days post treatment. 3 treatments applied.

Infected Colony: https://imgur.com/a/AOSGomN

Previously Infected Colonies: https://imgur.com/a/lnvQEiY
    Last edited by username00101; 06-18-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12