I am in the process of transitioning from a recently installed nuc to eventually drawn top bars to transfer into a full sized top bar hive. I was unable to find a top bar nuc in my area. I wasn't interested in the chop and crop method as the nuc supplier couldn't tell me up front what kind of frames I was going to get. Therefor, being the adventurous woodworker I am, I built a transition hive which is basically a Lang deep with lang frames and top bars in it. I found a few hives on the web that this one is modeled after, but, I was unable to find anyone posting results of the efforts. Being the risk taker that I am I decided this does not mean that those folks efforts were a failure (even though this is what a normal person would suppose).
So, I am four days into this experiment and there's no going back. I'm sure I will get a few shoulda, woulda comments, however, I am committed. So, just say under your breath "What a dumb @&%!" and enjoy the show. After today's day four inspection i am very encouraged and have found the queen in the top bar section apparently laying. At least her butt was in a cell when I first spotted her.
Other than this one, I'll wait to post photos until I see some interest in this effort.