Hello all. Newbee here from Southern Indiana. I live on a large property and have been getting more and more into homesteading. Honey bees seem like a natural progression.

I started a Langstroth Hive this year with a package of bees, and things seem to be humming along nicely. I hope to have several hives when it's all said and done. I'm specifically interested in an organic management strategy, and if I'm honest I'm interested in learning more about doing no treatments. I've heard mixed reviews as to whether that's possible. Some saying it can be done others saying it's nearly impossible.

I don't really know anyone in beekeeping; so outside of some serious Googling I have no one to turn to when confused. That said, I have done quite a bit of reading and watched a lot of the University of Guelph videos on YouTube. I would highly recommend them to anyone just starting out like myself. Reading is helpful but seeing really fills in the gaps.

Other than that, I'm just doing my best hoping my mistakes don't kill off my hive. Hope to get to know everyone soon and I'm excited about this journey.