Todays Honey Prices! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Howdy - new to the forum. Here’s a link to different unit prices for honey published by region. https://www.beeculture.com/regional-...rice-report-8/

The unit price per pound in my region is $6.37. However, I have an honor stand that I leave down by the highway and I easily get $10 per pound. Someone already said it, but the honey is worth what folks will pay for it and I sell out in just a few weeks every year at $10/lb.

Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Todays Honey Prices!

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    If you are printing up a label for a pint jar I would suggest calling it 22 ozs. Its kind of tough to get a 24 oz. fill in a pint unless the honey is pretty cool and low moisture.
    Sectional density! most of my honey hits 22oz+ at the fill line in a pint mason jar. However, I do have one apiary where I capture a tree nectar based honey that will barely hit 20oz in a pint jar!

N.E. Pa. 7$ a pound plus 1$ for packaging ,,, check your local craigslist and Facebook market place for local pricing

I sell my one pound queenline jars for $8 and the two pound for $15. I remember when I started in 1976 selling the one pound jars for $1.50!

Is there a cheaper outlet to buy Queenline one pound glass jars than Mann Lake or Dadant?
    My opinions are based on a decade of beekeeping, book learning and watching YouTube videos.

I sell 1lb plastic jars with flip top lid for $10 and I cant keep up with the demand....

I visited the local farmers market here in East Tennessee today. Two guys were selling their quarts for $12. I'm selling mine for 1# for $8. 2# for $15 and quarts for $20. By the way, I'm using Golden harvest mason jars and it takes 48oz to fill them to the proper level.

Four dollars per pound (1 quart for $12) seems awfully cheap for any honey, locally produced or not. That is even less than my local supermaket sells the raw honey.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

$8 for a 1 pound bottle. I see a few places closer to $10 though, but $7-8 seems more common here.

JW, from what I remember we are not to far apart. I'm over in Kingsport

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123