brinsea octagon eco 20 temp range

Default brinsea octagon eco 20 temp range

I can't seem to find the minimum temp range for this incubator. Will it maintain a low enough temperature for queens? I've pulled mine out from years ago. Manual adjustment, not digital. Hopes are to graft in about an hour, but I'm not sure I can trust this incubator. Believe it or not, the still air incubator I used last time did work, but it is huge and doesn't have a fan to circulate air.
    Beek since 2016: Hardiness Zone 9a: in NW Florida

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: brinsea octagon eco 20 temp range

I can not tell you about the incubator you are asking about. I bought a Humidaire long before Brinsea were available. I do know that you can purchase an Inkbird controller that has a pretty tight differential and a remote probe to control your incubator if it proves to not go low enough for your use. Look for them at a home brew supplier. I have one running right now for seed starting bottom heat.
    Working to propagate my survivors and staying treatment free USDA Zone 7b

Default Re: brinsea octagon eco 20 temp range

tpope, thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind. We are test running the incubator right now and it looks like it may maintain a low enough temp. I'm hoping the fan will be a bonus and not just dry out the cells. I'm filling the water channels, so humidity should stay high enough.
    Beek since 2016: Hardiness Zone 9a: in NW Florida