1st time baited swarm trap

Default 1st time baited swarm trap

This is my first swarm trap I set an my in laws. Is this a good sign?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

I can't up load video. I had about 50 bees show up flying around and checking it out.

Default Re: 1st time baited swarm trap

That sounds like a good sign. I would leave it alone and see if a swarm shows up.

If you bait a sharp trap and you have alot of bees come check it out. Will they come and leave or do they continue to hang around. I reapplied swarm commander on Monday and Wednesday I had about 50 bees checking it out. On Thursday i had more checking it out but not much of anything today. Is this normal, I dont know if I need to reapply or just wait it out.

Default Re: 1st time baited swarm trap

Quote Originally Posted by Chief11885 View Post
    If you bait a sharp trap and you have alot of bees come check it out. Will they come and leave or do they continue to hang around. I reapplied swarm commander on Monday and Wednesday I had about 50 bees checking it out. On Thursday i had more checking it out but not much of anything today. Is this normal, I dont know if I need to reapply or just wait it out.
    I don't think you need to apply swarm commander anywhere near that often. I think once every few weeks is plenty. To much may actually drive a swarm off.