Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Introducing the Easy Vap Pro

39K views 74 replies 25 participants last post by  johno 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Product Technology Electronic device Hand Machine

For the beekeepers who have their hives on pallets and can only treat from the hive entrance we now can offer the Easy Vap Pro. This is the same simple device which now has a much lower outlet pipe and has more than enough reach to go over the landing board. As the manufacturing of the copper bowl is more complex the Easy Vap Pro will sell at $160 plus the $15 for USPS priority mail shipping. Any enquiries can be made to Johno at john_olivier@msn.com that is john underscore olivier @ msn.com Note the 2 i's in olivier.

See less See more
#2 ·
View attachment 47685
For the beekeepers who have their hives on pallets and can only treat from the hive entrance we now can offer the Easy Vap Pro. This is the same simple device which now has a much lower outlet pipe and has more than enough reach to go over the landing board. As the manufacturing of the copper bowl is more complex the Easy Vap Pro will sell at $160 plus the $15 for USPS priority mail shipping. Any enquiries can be made to Johno at john_olivier@msn.com that is john underscore olivier @ msn.com Note the 2 i's in olivier.
I'd like to see a demo video.

#4 ·
I bought this last year from Johno. I already own the provap 110 but wanted a second unit. I almost never use the provap 110 now. Johnos vaporizer is faster to heat up and works more consistently in my humble opinion.
I can do my 26 hives in under 45mins with this gadget.

#3 ·
Grins I do not have any hives on pallets so it will be pretty difficult for me to make up a video of treating as the commercials might do. I personally am quite happy treating from behind my hives and this new unit could still be used from behind but it means you can get the outlet very much lower if you have the need to.

#6 ·
The only difference between the 2 units is the fact that the outlet is lower otherwise all other parts are the same and also cost a little more. for the normal beekeeper with his hives on some sort of stand Johno's Easy Vap should still be the goto Vaporizer.

#12 ·
John, I fired up your Easy Vap this morning, all I can say is wow. I was using the hot iron inserting it through a rear port in my hives. The iron angered the bees, caused bearding, and had me on my hands and knees for an hour and a half. I hated OAV, it was necessary but, oh, so unpleasant. I drilled the holes yesterday and went out early this morning and did my 5 hives in 20 minutes start to finish with no angry bees, no angry knees, and not even enough time elapsed to make my coffee cold. When I opened up the entrances not one bee stormed out, they were oblivious to the treatment and after the hostile response to the hot iron shoved into their home it was a real treat to get this important job done with so little bad energy. I'm grateful to you, you have provided a great tool at a great price! Well done!

One question for John and all the users, what have you found is the best way to dish 1/2 teaspoon OA into the cup? I found the cup diameter small for my measuring spoon and am wondering how others get this done.

Thank you, John!

#13 ·
Grins why did you take so long to do those 5 hives? In that video I made I did 12 hives in around 15 minutes and I think that was slow because I was talking and filming. I also find that you will need the smallest diameter measuring spoon that you can find, it will also help if you do 2 small loads with the spoon or you could even dip the cap into the OA container and scoop the OA in with the measuring spoon. I keep my OA in a Folgers plastic 24 oz container.

#18 ·
thanks john.

I was thinking of connecting across one of the batteries, but I just realized that my club car batteries are 8v.

May have to figure this out, unless there are inverters that use 8 or 16 volts....

what is the current draw on the EasyVap?

has anyone here used their cart as a power source for EasyVap or ProVap or any other inverter operation?

#25 ·
Don, It does not matter. The vaporizer will blow the vapors (actually aerosol crystals) throughout the hive. I prefer to put my hole in the back of the bottom board, just off the bottom of the hive.

#27 ·
No matter where you vaporize you will get vapor into the hive, however from my personal observations the higher you insert the nozzle the better the coverage of the vapor. If you are vaporizing into a dead space you will find that for the vapor to spread to all corners you have to displace the air already there so as most of the air leaks out in the bottom area of the hive unless you have a large upper opening so the vapor does not fill all the upper spaces. So if I have 3 mediums, 2 of which are brood boxes if I vaporize at the top of the second box I feel that I get good coverage of the brood section as well as the bees in the top box. As some of my colonies are now in 4 boxes as they are so large I definitely feel better about treating from the middle. JMHO.

#28 ·
Johno, did you ever see Lauri's video of her using a Provap on a hive? I don't have the link but I was amazed at
how thoroughly the entire hive was covered by the "smoke" and for how long it continued to move around as the bees fanned it. But, we each need to do what we feel is best. Putting it in the middle eliminates any doubt as to coverage.

#29 ·
What all is needed to power the easy vap pro. Saw 12 volt car batter. But saw something about some type of inverter. Not familiar with this. I’ve only used the vaporization wands. I lit up 2 frames and almost lost those hives. Appreciate any help so I know what I need to purchase.

#30 ·
You can purchase a 500 watt inverter that you can clip onto your trucks battery and then use what ever length of extension cord you need to reach your hives. 500 watt inverters are available from Amazon for around $30. Some use the $100 taigate generator from Harbor Freight.

#31 ·
Looks like it is necessary to hold the Vap Pro very close to your body or face. Is there any way to extend it further from the body or face as this could result in a seriuous health issue. I assume you recommend a respirator. Do you include some safety instruction for using the product?

#32 ·
If you hold the device it is only as close as your arm allows, as far as safety instructions it is mentioned that you should use a mask of your choice if desired. Furthermore the Easy Vap is left hanging in the hole so you can move quite a distance away and do other work while the unit is vaporizing. If you are going to treat through the entrance I am sure the unit can be left in the entrance untill vaporization is complete. Quite frankly I do not see the point in working through the front if you have access to the side of the hive and could work through the 1/4" hole in the side of the hive. The Easy Vap Pro was built for beekeepers who keep their hives on pallets which are low to the ground and some of those keepers treat through the front entrance. Do not confuse this with the Easy Vap which is for beekeepers who have their hives on stands and have easy access to the back of the hive, once you have treated from behind your hives you will never want to treat from the front again.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.