Introducing the Easy Vap Pro - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Hey guys if the unit is too cheap for you guys hell I could use all sorts of fancy stuff and get the cost closer to $500! I wonder how many takers I would have then. That cheap plastic box is there precisely cause it is cheap and the one I have been using for the 3rd season now is probably the nicest looking part of the vaporizer,. Now if you want to drive your truck over the vaporizer maybe you should get a steel box and maybe even chrome plate the thing , that would really impress the mites. Night gardener you can find my email address in the For Sale section.
    . I have absolutely no problem. I’m actually waiting on an invoice so I can pay for mine. Can’t wait to put it to use ASAP. Have 18 hives with high mite counts. I tried using the wand and actually lit 2 frames. Charred them pretty well done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Introducing the Easy Vap Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ifixoldhouses View Post
    why use the .25 blue plastic box? a metal handy box would be better wouldn't it? If it wasn't for that I might would consider one.
    There are lots of ways to build and various things to use. For the record I have been using this for several months as well as loaning it out to club members without any issues. Really don't see any problems in the future. The box, is a fairly durable plastic and shouldn't be taking a beaten if used correctly.

Hey guys if the unit is too cheap for you guys hell I could use all sorts of fancy stuff and get the cost closer to $500! I wonder how many takers I would have then. That cheap plastic box is there precisely cause it is cheap and the one I have been using for the 3rd season now is probably the nicest looking part of the vaporizer,. Now if you want to drive your truck over the vaporizer maybe you should get a steel box and maybe even chrome plate the thing , that would really impress the mites. Night gardener you can find my email address in the For Sale section.
    Good points, I don't mind the blue plastic box. And besides, I had a closer look at my friend's $500 Provap this morning. Guess what the housing was made of? Steel? Guess again. Good old fashioned plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgardener View Post

I've heard that even the Provap 110 is a "copy" of some Italian model.
    Either you heard incorrectly or whoever said that spoke without knowledge.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    Either you heard incorrectly or whoever said that spoke without knowledge.
    SNL, you could possibly be right. And IF I heard incorrectly or IF whomever said that spoke without knowledge....well, let's just say that neither would be the first time! Given that I'm pretty new to these devices, I'll assume that you know more about this than I do. But perhaps general statements are less than useful. So let me try to be a bit more specific. Here is the link to the Italian device in question, the Sublimox APF-Plus. Perhaps you can go a little bit more in detail about why you think I heard incorrectly or why you believe you think the person who told me spoke without knowledge? I've got no interest in arguing here, just trying to straighten out the facts. This unit looks very similar to the Provap 110, but it's possible that the Italian version is the knock off, and not the other way around. Can you please elaborate a bit on your comment? I'm still just researching, and so I have an open mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6p0QF5bQec

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgardener View Post
    SNL, you could possibly be right. And IF I heard incorrectly or IF whomever said that spoke without knowledge....well, let's just say that neither would be the first time! Given that I'm pretty new to these devices, I'll assume that you know more about this than I do. But perhaps general statements are less than useful. So let me try to be a bit more specific. Here is the link to the Italian device in question, the Sublimox APF-Plus. Perhaps you can go a little bit more in detail about why you think I heard incorrectly or why you believe you think the person who told me spoke without knowledge? I've got no interest in arguing here, just trying to straighten out the facts. This unit looks very similar to the Provap 110, but it's possible that the Italian version is the knock off, and not the other way around. Can you please elaborate a bit on your comment? I'm still just researching, and so I have an open mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6p0QF5bQec
    Dang $819 for that one, saw For $429 somewhere else, but doubt they would ship it overseas, and the plug wouldn't work
    NCSBA Certified Beekeeper - my Youtube Vlog
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4y..._as=subscriber

I donít want to hijack Johnís thread, but the ProVap and the Sublimox were introduced approximately the same time and developed independently. The Sublimox is mainly a 220v unit and sold primarily in Europe. The ProVap has both 110 and 220v versions.

If I get a 500 watt inverter and hook it up to the same car battery I currently use for vaporizing, how many hives could I treat before I need to recharge the battery (if any)? Or would I need to start driving my truck down to my bee yard to power the vaporizer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Arthur View Post
    If I get a 500 watt inverter and hook it up to the same car battery I currently use for vaporizing, how many hives could I treat before I need to recharge?
    Depends on your battery, you wonít know until you try...

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    I donít want to hijack Johnís thread, but the ProVap and the Sublimox were introduced approximately the same time and developed independently. The Sublimox is mainly a 220v unit and sold primarily in Europe. The ProVap has both 110 and 220v versions.
    I'm glad you pointed out what you think is incorrect information. I couldn't remember if someone told me that the ProVap was copied from the Sublimox or if I had read it on the internet. I now remember where I'd read it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Beekeeping/...rizer/do7hxjf/

The problem is of course, that just because someone makes a statement on the internet, it doesn't make it true. That is true for my statement, the Reddit statement and your comment as well. As for the Sublimox and ProVap being introduced about the same time and developed independently, I still think there's a high probability that one was copied after the other; unless you can support that statement with more facts, I'm willing to bet one came out before the other. Maybe "copied" is too strong of a word, and I should say "modeled after" or "inspired by." And knowing that the Europeans have been ahead of the US as far as OA vaporization/sublimation goes, I feel there is a high probability that they beat us to the punch on this one. I'm just applying critical thinking skills here, and I'm still allowing for the possibility that you're correct.

By the way, you aren't hijacking the thread; but contributing valuable information. There is a not nearly as much information out there about these unit as I'd like to see, and adding relevant information to the discussion should only boost the thread. To clarify my point, I brought the subject of copying up because some people will of course say that the Easy Vap is just a copy, and that it looks "too cheap." If it's true that the ProVap in turn is modeled after another unit, then that's relevant, and also a bit ironic.

I'm just glad I found out about Johno's Easy Vap, as my stronger hives have a high mite load and I'm tired of tinkering with other treatment methods, but spending $500 on this is not an option for me right now.

As a matter of interest the first time I saw this type of vaporizer being used it was the Sublimox way back , there were no others. At this time I was already trying to build band heater vaporizers but was struggling to find away to insert thr dose into a hot chamber. Once I saw the Sublimox I realised that it was the way to go, however machining plugs from PTFE would be expensive and was always searching for another way and when silicone plugs were mentioned along the way that became the answer to many problems. If one cares to go back into old postings on the DIY vaporizers and on the commercial site you will find that these postings pre date Larry and the Pro Vap, I thought that Larry had made a deal with the manufacturers of Sublimox to produce a 110 volt device to market in the USA, perhaps I was wrong.

As a matter of interest the first time I saw this type of vaporizer being used it was the Sublimox way back , there were no others. At this time I was already trying to build band heater vaporizers but was struggling to find away to insert thr dose into a hot chamber. Once I saw the Sublimox I realised that it was the way to go, however machining plugs from PTFE would be expensive and was always searching for another way and when silicone plugs were mentioned along the way that became the answer to many problems. If one cares to go back into old postings on the DIY vaporizers and on the commercial site you will find that these postings pre date Larry and the Pro Vap, I thought that Larry had made a deal with the manufacturers of Sublimox to produce a 110 volt device to market in the USA, perhaps I was wrong.
    Very interesting, Johno....so the European model was in fact the first one to the market. I suspected this all along and I'm not just saying that because I'm European! I've just recently gotten into beekeeping, but I've already learned that when it comes to mite treatment, the US is somewhat lagging behind the Europeans. I'm sure that has less to do with beekeeper knowledge than it does with government agencies and red tape. For example, I believe most European beekeepers consider OA treatments with honey supers in place a non-issue.

As previously stated the PV and Sub were developed about the same time. However the small company that made the PV had no marketing experience nor did they speak English. Thus the Sub was marketed first. It was only after later contact through an interpreter and subsequent advertising that the PV gained popularity.

A key deciding factor for me was the digital temperature display on the ProVap 110 which is very useful with respect to indicating to the operator that the ProVap has reached operating temperature for use and when it displays a temperature of about 240 or more, most times all of the OA has been cooked off which helps to keep the amount of OA building up in the cap minimized.

Live Oak, you have a digital temperature display on both the Easy Vap and the Easy Vap Pro.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123