Introducing the Easy Vap Pro - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Introducing the Easy Vap Pro

I am very interested in buying the Easy Vap Pro. Let me know what I need to do to get one. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Willieo, you need to email me to get onto my list, at [email protected]
    Johno

I replied 3 times hope you got it Thanks

John, (or anyone who has done this)
    I thinking about getting a 12v deep cycle battery and inverter for my easy vap. I have 15 hives. What AmpHour rating should I be looking at to be able to vap all hives in one session?
    Or is there something other than amphour I should be looking at for this? I never really timed it, but I doubt if I'm spending more that 15 minutes with the device plugged in now.

..... and thanks for the great product. It works great.
    Last edited by dddillon; 02-08-2020 at 01:10 PM.

I would guess that a 50 amphour deep cycle battery should do the job for you, I always tend to go a little bigger rather than smaller in my choice of power. Most guys use a 500 watt inverter with the vaporizer as well and they are available at Amazon for around $30 last time I looked. The vaporizer will draw about 23 to 25 amps from your battery through the inverter which theoretically would give you an hour out of the 50 AH battery as you do not want to take it below 50% of its capacity, however Puekerts law raises its head depending on the amount of current drawn from the battery. With a draw of 25 amps you would get less than an hour but 15 hives should be treated in around 20 minutes at most.

I forgot to mention that batteries need to be stored fully charged and then trickle charged to top up every month or so otherwise they will lose capacity pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    I would guess that a 50 amp hour deep cycle battery should do the job for you, I always tend to go a little bigger rather than smaller in my choice of power. Most guys use a 500 watt inverter with the vaporizer as well and they are available at Amazon for around $30 last time I looked. The vaporizer will draw about 23 to 25 amps from your battery through the inverter which theoretically would give you an hour out of the 50 AH battery as you do not want to take it below 50% of its capacity, however Puekerts law raises its head depending on the amount of current drawn from the battery. With a draw of 25 amps you would get less than an hour but 15 hives should be treated in around 20 minutes at most.
    Awesome info, and thanks.

this is for anyone who might know about solar power math:

My other thought was to leave the battery down at the apiary and hook up a solar panel to keep it charged. Would a 100w solar panel be sufficient to keep the battery topped off for a 5 day cycle of VAP treatments? (treating 15 hives every 5 days, for 4 cycles). I live near Richmond, Va, and the Apiary gets full sun 80% of the day.

I found this on the web about charging a deep cycle battery: Generally a fully discharged 12 Volt 100ah battery needs 1200 watts of energy to be 100% recharged. So the calculation is 1200 / 300 = 4 hours of sunlight. 15% less efficiency, about 5 hour’s sunlight

So being completely ignorant of solar calculations, I'm reading this as I can expect that my battery can be re-filled, given decent weather, within a few days after usage? I'm I being too naive here?

Personally I think a 100 watt solar panel will be too big, maybe 50 watts will do the job. However no matter the size it will require a voltage regulator otherwise batteries generally get overcharged and damaged if the voltage is not regulated.

xxxxxxxxxxx
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

Is it possible to extend the wand part so a person can treat hives sitting on na pallet without bending over? Seems like a winner to me.

Beesohappy, the impossible takes a while and miracles take a little longer. However if you have bee space under your migratory lids you can make the 1/4" hole from the front edge of the lid going down at an angle so as to get into that bee space and treat from the top without having to bend much. I made some lids like that and used a long 1/4" bit to drill the hole from the inside and they work great.

John - are you treating only oav at this point? At one point you were going to try a year round treatment of ova. Did you do this?

Anthony

Anthony I have treated only with OAV for the last 6 or 7 years now with yearly losses of less than 10%. Unfortunately other things have cropped up and I was unable to run some 6 hives on a weekly treatment year round.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234