bee-proof gloves? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

https://www.amazon.com/Beekeeping-Gl...ateway&sr=8-17

These are the ones I got and they work incredibly well. I’ve in the past had some hives where Id be covered is pist stinging bees and not get one sting. I can say they are battle tested and priced good compared to the others and they hold up well. Smoke and the nitrile gloves may work for the gentle bees of the north but go through one hive with a some African genetics and you’ll quickly learn smoke and thin gloves aren’t going to help you. I’m not trying to enter that debate anyway. The op asked for sting proof gloves and I can honestly say these are good ones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: bee-proof gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by Danausplexippus View Post
    Is there a brand of gloves that is bee sting-proof? I get stung through mine.
    I bought gloves at Atwoods that were a Wells Lamonte PVC coated glove. While bees have stung the gloves, not one stinger has made it through to my hand or fingers. As a bonus they were $5.00 for the gloves.

What gloves I don't need no stinking gloves.

I have found that bees can sting through the best of leather gloves, when they get damp from your sweat. My solution was to first put on a pair of nitrile gloves ( cheap ones from the dollar store) then the leather gloves. The leather stays dry and will prevent the stingers from penetrating.

Quote Originally Posted by dkofoed View Post
    These are definitely sting proof.

https://beekeepcheap.com/products/beekeeping-gloves
    How big are these? They advertise "one size fits all," which just sounds utterly ridiculous.
    Painted Peacock Manor, Palos Verdes, CA

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Beekeeping-Gl...ateway&sr=8-17

These are the ones I got and they work incredibly well. I’ve in the past had some hives where Id be covered is pist stinging bees and not get one sting. I can say they are battle tested and priced good compared to the others and they hold up well. Smoke and the nitrile gloves may work for the gentle bees of the north but go through one hive with a some African genetics and you’ll quickly learn smoke and thin gloves aren’t going to help you. I’m not trying to enter that debate anyway. The op asked for sting proof gloves and I can honestly say these are good ones.
    How's the sizing on these? My LA Honey Co. gloves need replacing after 6 years, and I'm a legit XL in those gloves. I also need a set of Medium gloves for guests.

And yeah, don't tell people "you don't need gloves" until you try beekeeping in an area with Africanized genetics. I gently, gently, gently opened the top of my queen castle this morning and immediately got nailed twice. I couldn't possibly have squished any bees because I was removing the cover, and this section of the castle has only 3 frames in it, so there weren't a lot of bees. I was just replacing one of the inner cover sections with another inner cover with a feeding hole, and thought I could do it without a veil or gloves. I got nailed once on my neck and once on my hand. I also had 2-3 more bees chasing me as I ran away.
    Painted Peacock Manor, Palos Verdes, CA

You know what i noticed. When i first started beekeeping i would grab the frames and some bees would dart at my hand and i would get clumsy and move fast and get stung. But now when i see them go for my hand i just act calm and slow down. Sometimes i end up with 9 or 10 bee's on my hand but no stings. Seem's like the calmer i am they are as well. Only time i get stung is when i trap a bee up against a frame when i grab it with my fingers.

Good point, one size fits all is not totally accurate. They are technically a "Medium" size, which should fit the majority of people.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWaterbug View Post
    How big are these? They advertise "one size fits all," which just sounds utterly ridiculous.
    I'm referring to this question above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12