Winter returns

Thread: Winter returns

Default Winter returns

Winter has returned for the rest of the week here in Wisconsin. I had uncovered my bees and removed my one deadout. I got a 5 frame Nuc Tuesday and set it out with my other hive. Yesterday day I got them ready for the storm as best I could. I was mostly worried about the high winds. They were predicting gusts up to 40 mph. I just set the nuc on an empty deep up against the other colony and strapped them together. 4-8-19 bees.jpgbees.jpg
    Zone 4a

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Winter returns

Looks like enough bricks to hold them down.

Just a question......that's the first time I've seen a hole in a telescoping cover... Is there a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim KS View Post
    Looks like enough bricks to hold them down.

Just a question......that's the first time I've seen a hole in a telescoping cover... Is there a reason?
    I acquired that cover used. I wouldn`t have put it there. The hole lines up with notch in the inner cover.
    Zone 4a

Quote Originally Posted by Tim KS View Post
    L[B[]ooks like enough bricks to hold them down[/B].
    [/B]
    I was probably being a little over cautious with the ratchet strap, but at least I don`t have to worry about them.
    Zone 4a

Quote Originally Posted by alf1960 View Post
    I was probably being a little over cautious with the ratchet strap, but at least I don`t have to worry about them.
    Better safe than sorry is my motto after having to clean up a couple hive that went over because of wind.....it does little for their disposition.