BEES CAME TODAY!!!

Default BEES CAME TODAY!!!

Post office called at 5:30 and told me my bees have arrived. So went and picked them up but had to go to work. Got them installed this evening a couple hours before dark. I have a 10 frame bottom box with venter inner cover on it with a medium box on top of that for a rapid feeder to sit in. Bees seemed to use the vent entrance more tha the bottom. Guess they could smell the queen better up there. Looking forward to Saturday to check to see if queen has been released and thie adventure that lies ahead. Wish I had taken pics but was trying to get it done before dark

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: BEES CAME TODAY!!!

The last thing your colony needs is top ventilation! They are struggling to heat maximum space to cover as much brood as possible. A two bee wide entrance is appropriate now. Pictures inside the hive should wait for a ninety degree day and take seconds not involved sessions. Be kind to your bees.

Welcome to the hobby and forum Jcal. Fairly new to the hobby also but can say Vance gives good advice. Keep in touch and don't be afraid to ask questions. You will have a lot of them and that's normal. Its the people who don't study and ask questions that will have the most difficult time. J

It won't be very long before we have 90 degree days here & in Pelham . . . .

Naomi

Thanks for the advice. The vent is the top entrance groove on inner cover. Should I block it off. I have it turned down so they can't get to rapid feeder except through middle hole in inner cover

Congrats and Roll Tide!
    Feeding early patties. https://youtu.be/bUDd3vk7bgY