Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Varomor users...

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  crofter 
#1 ·
I have been looking at these units to make my life a little easier while treating. Currently I use a vaporizer that melts the oxalic acid as you stick it in the hive opening and then cover the front with a cloth one. A bit time consuming and cumbersome. These units as those who use them need the acid mixed with other liquids to use them effectively. In particular ethyl alcohol, oxalic acid and thymol. Is it a big pain in the butt to do? For the 18 hives I have and wanting to grow, I can get things done a lot faster than my current method but would some some sharing of advice. Thanks in advance, Jack

#2 ·
I had to look up what a varomor was. I haven't been at this too long, but don't think they are widely used, at least in the US. They look like more of a hassle than using a wand. If you want something faster, perhaps easier to use, check out the pro-vap type of vaporizers. J

#4 ·
I had to look it up to see what it was and how it is used.
Look at Johno's Easy Vap, he sells them in a For Sale thread here. Works on the common principle of heating plain Oxalic Acid, and it easy to run off an inverter and battery if an outlet is not available. Super quick too. Takes a couple minutes to heat up from dead cold, then you can move from hive to hive in about one minute. The time limiting step for me is loading the acid in the cap for the next hive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.