3D Prints for Beekeeping?

Default 3D Prints for Beekeeping?

Just wondering if anyone has designed or found any useful 3D prints for their beekeeping? I have made a few Entrance disks and a frame hook or two, but have to imagine their are uses I haven't thought of or aren't quite experienced enough to design. I was thinking today about designing some sort of frame divider or insert for comb honey, kind of like Ross Rounds or Half Combs but without the special equipment. I'm sure there are entrance reducers out there and some feeders... just thought I'd tap into this crowd for brainstorming!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 3D Prints for Beekeeping?

Haven’t printed these. A complete bee hive about 5” big. A mite for education purposes purposes. Queen clip.

Did you search thingiverse?
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Bones View Post
    and some feeders...
    coverlid:

hranilica_20180907_104325.jpg

I've printed a couple of bee escapes from thingiverse, but not yet tested them.

Hive status disk
    status disk.png
    Queen excluder cage for finishing small amounts of cells in a queen right hive
    fnishing cage.jpg
    thumb nail at the bottom is end caps and holder for queen emerging cages

no pictures handy- grafting bar for foam minys, hair roller cage holder for incubator, master mold for casting wax queen cups, split cell holder IE https://youtu.be/kyzAS5eZ2xA?t=492

I haven't printed one, as scrap lumber and my table saw is much faster and cheaper, but Johno's mating nuc is a good one. With his permission I hosted it on my thingiverse account https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3356272
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome ideas. Do you have a file for the split cell holders? Those seem terrific for raising a handful of queens.

They are part of a larger system being trialed this year and not quite ready for prime time.
    send me a PM with an email and I will send you the file, just no sharing.......yet