About 2:15 this afternoon I had a swarm issue from a resource hive and light in a tree. When I got back with the ladder I noticed the cluster looked much smaller. At the top of the ladder the cluster was about the size of a tennis ball. I looked back and the swarm seemed to be on the face of the resource hive. I got down and walked over to see the bees were going into the hive. So I started looking through the cluster adhered to the side of the box. No queen I could detect. I went through each frame (eight total) and could not find a queen cell. My queens are not clipped so I am very confused about what went on. I am looking for thoughts on what happened. Just confuzzled.