State Of Georgia License Houshold Pest Control for Removing Hives from a Structure

Default State Of Georgia License Houshold Pest Control for Removing Hives from a Structure

I live in Georgia and by law in order to remove a hive from a structure legally you must have a Household Pest Control license. I have done hive removals/cutouts from structures and swarm calls over the years but not as many as I would like to, I need to advertise this. I would like to obtain a license which after some research is not going to be quit that easy. You must fill out an application to be reviewed in order to be approved to take the exam for the Household Pest Control license in which you must have at least 2 years of experience in commercial pest control. I don't have 2 years of pest control experience. Obviously my goal here would be to remove the hive and relocate them and no to harm them in anyway. I am a bee keeper and Construction Quality Control Manager at my day job and not an exterminator. Is there anyone here from Georgia that has obtained a Household Pest Control License without having a pest control/exterminator background in order to legally do cutouts and if so any advice on how you did so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: State Of Georgia License Houshold Pest Control for Removing Hives from a Structur

Sorry for replying since you only requested help from people who live in Georgia that have obtained a Household Pest Control License without having a pest control/exterminator background, but I feel compelled to say that this is one of those cases where you need to do whatever you and another citizen agree to on their property without asking .gov for permission.
    This goofy law is obviously only intended to benefit the exterminators that all chipped in to pay a lobbyist to bribe a scumbag politician to sponsor some retarded bill that all the other statehouse pigs didn't even read before voting on. Is this even still America?
    8 years, 30 colonies, no chemical treatments

Default Re: State Of Georgia License Houshold Pest Control for Removing Hives from a Structur

Since c-bees broke the ice, I would add that you may want to check with your state apiarist to verify that that is the correct interpretation of the law. In VA, one needs a "commercial applicators permit" to apply restricted use pesticides, or to sell or manufacture any pesticide. Can't imagine needing a license to set a mousetrap for your neighbor, or to remove unwanted "livestock" from someone's home.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Makes no since to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

C-bees got it right. Contact the GA dept of
    Ag regarding the license with your years of beekeeping as your 2 years of experience. All you have to do is convince one person of the absudity of requiring a beekeeper, who is not a commercial pest controller, to obtain a license to do something most exterminators won't do with a license.

I had to get my license years ago because the company I worked for made bleach. It is an algeacide/ microbicide and is thus considered a pesticide. Stupid.