follower board substitute

Default follower board substitute

Can a frame feeder (I have the ones from motherlode) or even just a frame with plastic foundation in it be used as a follower board (and I do mean a follower board and not a division board)? I have both of these on hand and if they could be used like a follower board then I can just use what I already have but want to check and see if anyone else has used them this way. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: follower board substitute

what is the purpose of a follower board and what are your concerns about using what you have as one? what makes one follower board better than another? once you understand the goal of the device you can think about what resources you have available to yourself which help achieve it. break this decision down logically and answer it with the tools(understanding) you already have; trust yourself

Default Re: follower board substitute

Quote Originally Posted by crgshhn View Post
    Can a frame feeder (I have the ones from motherlode) or even just a frame with plastic foundation in it be used as a follower board (and I do mean a follower board and not a division board)? I have both of these on hand and if they could be used like a follower board then I can just use what I already have but want to check and see if anyone else has used them this way. Thanks!
    Why not?
    When in a pinch - sure. I would.
    I would stuff something into the feeder temporarily (straw or shavings, what not) - got yourself a well insulated follower board.
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.