Easy Vap

Thread: Easy Vap

Default Easy Vap

Don't know if this is where to post this. Could not find a "review" link.

Just used my Easy Vap from JohnO. Unbelievable...can finish a 20 hive yard in about 45 minutes. The Easy Vap is a real gift to beeks that just cannot afford to spend big $$. It heats up incredibly fast and is easy to set up for the next hives thanks to multiple cups. Best $$ I've spent on bees in a while. My yards are nowhere near power. I bought a 900 watt Tailgater generator from Harbor Freight for $100, cranked it up, plugged the Easy Vap into a hundred foot extension chord and went to work. Took me a tad longer than it will probably take next time as I had to drill the 1/4" holes in all the hives. I would recommend a good respirator and eye protection as twice I had the cup pop off and shoot OA vapor into the air. Once it was my fault as I had not cleared the hole into the hive well. Wood shavings clogged the tip. The other time was because some OA had accumulated from the previous treatment and had clogged the tip. Both I consider to be my fault. It's also not uncommon with any of the vaporizers.
    If you haven't treated with an OA vaporizer, give it a try. I have used the wand type before. It's much slower though but perfect for beeks with 5 or less hives. Anything over 10 hives a vaporizer like JohnO's is a must!
    30 hives and counting...
    Huntsville, AL: Alabama's best kept secret

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Easy Vap

I picked up my easy vap from John a few weeks ago. He and his wife were super hospitable. Gave us a tour of his bee yard and his house where he makes all his easy vaps. The unit itself is really well made. I used it and it works like a dream. Heats up really fast and vaporizes all the OA in less than a minute. Would be hard to believe at the pro vap for $595 is worth it when you can get this for so much less. Highly recommended

Quote Originally Posted by theriverhawk View Post
    The "review" forum at Beesource is called "Consumer Report" which is where I moved this thread.

The 'breadcrumbs' links towards the top of the page shows the location path:
    Home > Forum > The Exchange > Consumer Report > Easy Vap
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Thanks for the feedback guys, I would encourage the users of the Easy Vap to use this thread to let me know of any problems you might have had or are having with the vaporizer so that we could possibly still improve the product.
    Johno

Easy Vap users must be happy with their purchase as there have been no complaints to date, However I try to improve on the system when ever I can, There has been a slight change in the vaporizer as the aluminum bar is now bolted to the bottom of the wood insulating block which lowers the outlet more than an inch and this also seems to make the vaporizer more balanced in your hand. I will also be changing a little in the " To Treat " section of the operating instructions. Where it reads ( insert the nozzle into the 1/4" hole, turn the device upside down, insert loaded cap ) this will be changed to Turn the device upside down, insert loaded cap, insert the nozzle of the upside down vaporizer into the 1/4" hole. Is there any more feedback on the silicone caps, mine do not seem to be eroding like the red ones did.
    Johno

Woodbridge, VA (But planning to move to NW Louisiana soon)

I am very happy with my unit. I have the red caps, and they are becoming brittle and subject to damage from minor scrapes and scratches. I can live with that, I'll accept that the caps are consumables.
    When I need to replace them, I'll look for the upgraded silicone pieces.

Just used my Easy Vap from JohnO. Unbelievable...can finish a 20 hive yard in about 45 minutes. The Easy Vap is a real gift to beeks that just cannot afford to spend big $$. It heats up incredibly fast and is easy to set up for the next hives thanks to multiple cups. Best $$ I've spent on bees in a while. My yards are nowhere near power. I bought a 900 watt Tailgater generator from Harbor Freight for $100, cranked it up, plugged the Easy Vap into a hundred foot extension chord and went to work. Took me a tad longer than it will probably take next time as I had to drill the 1/4" holes in all the hives. I would recommend a good respirator and eye protection as twice I had the cup pop off and shoot OA vapor into the air. Once it was my fault as I had not cleared the hole into the hive well. Wood shavings clogged the tip. The other time was because some OA had accumulated from the previous treatment and had clogged the tip. Both I consider to be my fault. It's also not uncommon with any of the vaporizers.
    If you haven't treated with an OA vaporizer, give it a try. I have used the wand type before. It's much slower though but perfect for beeks with 5 or less hives. Anything over 10 hives a vaporizer like JohnO's is a must!
    I came here specifically to ask if anyone thought that generator would work good with the easy vap!!!!!! Thanks for sharing man! Sounds like i should be good to go

Woodbridge, VA (But planning to move to NW Louisiana soon)

Quote Originally Posted by brad5155 View Post
    I came here specifically to ask if anyone thought that generator would work good with the easy vap!!!!!! Thanks for sharing man! Sounds like i should be good to go
    I've run mine on an inverter clipped to my truck battery and plugged into an 80' extension cord. I have one of those HF generators too, but the inverter is much simpler for me. I only have two hives at the yard with no power available.

I'd add that the hole needs to be completely unobstructed for at least 2 inches.

I've noticed that if the hole is obstructed, the OA will get wasted and accumulate on the edge of the obstruction, and the treatment won't be as effective.

This is very important, as I've noticed as much as 1g (50% of the treatment) can end up getting wasted if there's an obstruction.