Oxalic acid vaporizer - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Oxalic acid vaporizer

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Hi jeetS, welcome to Beesource. My personal threshold for continuing the early summer round is 20 mites or more in any of the hives. I checked 5 of 22 before I had a high enough drop to warrant the additional applications. Given that roughly 20% of the total mite load is phoretic at any time, a drop of 50 means I had at least 400 mites in that hive. With a drop of 15, I would probably wait another two weeks and do a single application again. If the numbers stay high, do a full round, and treat the splits too.
    Awesome thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

The three I did were all double deep brood nests.
    Do you just separate the Honey for the treatment time with your early summer treatments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jeetS View Post
    Do you just separate the Honey for the treatment time with your early summer treatments?
    Where I live, the honey supers are off for the season. You can remove the boxes temporarily, or stick something like a sheet of corroplast (political sign) underneath while treating. Only need 15 minutes for the aerosol crystals to settle down according to what I have read.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Where I live, the honey supers are off for the season. You can remove the boxes temporarily, or stick something like a sheet of corroplast (political sign) underneath while treating. Only need 15 minutes for the aerosol crystals to settle down according to what I have read.
    Okay thanks �� that's what I did

Anybody has experience with this? need some advice before spending money !

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=oxalika+pro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123