Looking for new jacket, need a big one...

Default Looking for new jacket, need a big one...

I'm a 5x, so I'm having a little difficulty finding an off the shelf bee jacket. looking for a ventilated jacket with fencing veil.
    I am returning a suit I got from amazon because the veil was defective (missing zipper) and frankly, I had a hard time getting into the pants easily; I have an ankle orthodic brace that goes up to just below my knee, and it would really be a pain in the ass to have to remove my shoes, the orthotic, put on the suit, put the brace back on, put on the shoes again just for a quicky check on the hive... ;(
    Anyway, I kinda glad I can return the suit for good reason, since trying it on once proved I don't want to go that way. I'll stick with a quality jacket/veil and some thick pants (I'm thinking Carhartt canvas when I"m doing intrusive work)

so any suggestions for providers of large bee jackets?

D

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Looking for new jacket, need a big one...

Quote Originally Posted by dddillon View Post
    I'm a 5x, so I'm having a little difficulty finding an off the shelf bee jacket. looking for a ventilated jacket with fencing veil.
    I am returning a suit I got from amazon because the veil was defective (missing zipper) and frankly, I had a hard time getting into the pants easily; I have an ankle orthodic brace that goes up to just below my knee, and it would really be a pain in the ass to have to remove my shoes, the orthotic, put on the suit, put the brace back on, put on the shoes again just for a quicky check on the hive... ;(
    Anyway, I kinda glad I can return the suit for good reason, since trying it on once proved I don't want to go that way. I'll stick with a quality jacket/veil and some thick pants (I'm thinking Carhartt canvas when I"m doing intrusive work)

so any suggestions for providers of large bee jackets?

D
    I got mine from Guardian Bee Apparel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwrizzol View Post
    I got mine from Guardian Bee Apparel.
    thanks Dwizzol.

did you get the pro veil, or easy access. the easy access looks pretty cumbersome with the large veil hanging in front of your face.

has anyone done any business with CustomBeeSuits.com? They seem to have a large size selection, and decent pricing for their off the shelf jackets. Is there quality there?

Thanks to all that replied to this thread, and in private massages.

To close off, I decided on a "Cool Shield Fully Ventilated Beekeeping Jacket"
    https://custombeesuits.com/product/c...eping-jackets/

I did order one size above my normal jacket size for a loose, comfort fit.

Don

Curious to see how you cool shield is sized. Would like some feedback because I may look at one. I was going to get a cool shield at the store and he did not have my size. I found the jacket was sized at least two sizes smaller than a standard size. I would normally need a 4x to 5x and would have needed a 7x in the cool shield. Maybe Scott has corrected this sizing issue or advises two size larger? I like the jacket but he just did not have my size in his store.

This was two years ago... I see currently he has all the sizes priced the same at this time and it is a good deal. When I looked a cool shield in my size, if ordered was within about $20-30 dollars or so of the Breeze jacket. I went with an ultra breeze and a 4x was more than adequately sized.
    sc-bee

Quote Originally Posted by dddillon View Post
    thanks Dwizzol.

did you get the pro veil, or easy access. the easy access looks pretty cumbersome with the large veil hanging in front of your face.
    I have all three veil types. The easy access is not as big as it looks.

Absolutely. Us larger than life Beeks need to stick together

just for info, in case anyone else orders one. I ordered this suit from Amazon.

OZ ARMOUR BEEKEEPING FULL SUIT VENTILATED ULTRA COOL WITH TWO HOODS FENCING & ROUND BRIM HAT WITH COW HIDE GLOVES (5X-LARGE)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I normally wear a 4x shirt, which will be not tight on me, but not loose. I ordered the 5x thinking one size up. I could barely get into this one, and it was very tight around my very lovable tummy.

If I were to order it again, I'd get the 6x so it would be looser.

These are the best IMO. The original.

https://www.ultrabreezesuits.com/

Call them, they are made in US. Have worn them for years almost daily during season.

Quote Originally Posted by sc-bee View Post
    Curious to see how you cool shield is sized. Would like some feedback because I may look at one. I was going to get a cool shield at the store and he did not have my size. I found the jacket was sized at least two sizes smaller than a standard size. I would normally need a 4x to 5x and would have needed a 7x in the cool shield. Maybe Scott has corrected this sizing issue or advises two size larger? I like the jacket but he just did not have my size in his store.

This was two years ago... I see currently he has all the sizes priced the same at this time and it is a good deal. When I looked a cool shield in my size, if ordered was within about $20-30 dollars or so of the Breeze jacket. I went with an ultra breeze and a 4x was more than adequately sized.

To close off, I decided on a "Cool Shield Fully Ventilated Beekeeping Jacket"
    https://custombeesuits.com/product/c...eping-jackets/

Just got the jacket a few minutes ago and immediately put it on. Love it !!!!!!

I ordered the 6x, and glad I did. Perfect fit for me (normally a 4x in jacket), nice and loose, but not floppy.

Appears to be a high quality construction. Arrived in just a few days.

Kudos to Blythwood company.