Radial Extractor Stand

Default Radial Extractor Stand

I'm in the process of setting up a new honey house for the coming season, and one of the decisions I went with is to go with my Maxant 50 and 70 framers propped up on stands, with gravity feed into the wax collection unit on my Cowen so I don't need an in floor sump. I'm not wanting to bolt the radials down until I am completely happy with the layout, and am looking for ideas of what people have for stands that don't seem to move much with fairly balanced loads. Hoping to keep them less than 1ft off the floor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Radial Extractor Stand

Bolt the stand to the floor and mount the extractors on top of vibration pads.
    https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/...Control/c/3793

Might want to consider building the stand as a complete unit, with a platform to stand on.
    Are you good at welding?

Interesting idea about vibration pads pleasantvalley. I like it, but do want to make darn sure they're exactly where I want them before I drill the floor. I'm moving from a space that basically had to have them where they barely fit to actually being able to get a good flow, so it will likely need some tweaking once it's actually in use.

Ian, I can get by with welding, but certainly am not a pro. I do have connections that are good at welding however. Were you thinking mount them all on one stand, rather than each on their own? That would provide a fair bit of counter weight to keep things from rocking... I was talking to one neighbor who has his mounted on a couple chunks of heavy I-beam that seems to work fairly well.

It's 2 50 framers and 1 70 framer. In the old set up I had the 70 frame up 6" on not great legs bolted to the floor, and the 50's bolted right to the floor, and I actually liked it better with it up 6", as it seemed I had to bend down to load the 50's right on the floor.

Either that or a bolt to the floor.
    Actually drilling the floor isnít so bad. When you want to change the plan, a grind will smooth things down,
    Cheers!

I had my son weld me up some legs that bolted to the extractor and then to the floor on my 80 frame equinox for the same reason that I didnt want an in- floor sump.Floor drilling is easy with a hammer drill. Worked out pretty good.

I hope you will have an epoxy floor, which is easy to repair if you save a little when it is applied.

Crazy Roland