How is that Global Warming thing working out for you? - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: How is that Global Warming thing working out for you?

Glad you brought that up. I was 15 and living in Ft. Lauderdale. As if to prove these dire predictions, it snowed the following year.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...H4Qdwe&ampcf=1

According to the experts, we were all going to freeze to death in the new ice age. Since the experts cant make up their minds as to whether it is getting hotter or colder, they simply refer to it as change

As if the climate is, or ever was, static.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by patncin View Post
    Only God can change the climate, not man or cow farts. https://www.scribd.com/doc/225798861...-April-28-1975
    Merely dominion over the earth.

Do it well or just ok?
    It is not true that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
    They can learn them, they just can't do them.

Ironic that in the infancy of the social environmental movement the scientific community was "virtually unanimous" that widespread famines would be the result of a global cooling cycle that had gone so far that it couldn't be stopped, and that more severe weather would result.

Only to be told 15 years later that the earth had been experiencing a warming trend that could not be stopped, would flood coastal areas and would again lead to more severe weather.

Seems a lot like sitting round the camp fire with chicken little. The forecasted end of the world due to climate change has already passed by twice now. Seems like a good time to kick back, open a beer and watch the next prediction pass by as well.

Oh, and all the sulfur they filter out at the coal powered plants to prevent acid rain? We now have to buy that to spread in our fields. Turns out that plants require sulfur to be healthy enough to produce top yields, and it used to fall from the sky for free in amounts that were adequate. Thanks to the environmental movement, we now filter it out(cost), truck it to the fertilizer dealers(cost), pay to have it spread(cost). And you know all those engines that hauled, loaded, and spread that suffer had electric engines that ran from nuclear power, right? Otherwise they would be increasing the greenhouse gasses, right?

So in a way, the reduction of acid rain is increasing the consumption of fossil fuels. Kinda like when they lowered the sulfur in diesel fuel, everyone lost 10% of their fuel economy. We burn more now for the same job. Beautiful, ain't it.
    Hindsight is 20/10, not 20/20...
    After the fact, I always know what didn't work.

so looked around and found all that ice they are missing at the poles.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-lak...082050503.html
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

>As if the climate is, or ever was, static.

Ask the scientists if they believe in "climate change". Only an idiot or a liar doesn't believe in climate change. It's been constantly changing for the entire existence of the earth. Since long before people existed.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

No one is arguing the climate does not change all by itself. Those facts do not disprove man is capable of modifying the climate. Was the dust bowl man made? Not without a natural cycle underpinning man's effects.

The climate is not the only thing that evolves with time, so does the threshold of intolerable "Government Interference". I recall when many people greatly fought against the Government opposing what they perceived as their right to run a pipe directly from their toilet to the ocean.

"Global Warming" argument is really about the boundary between where my nose begins and your fist is free to travel.

Some may prefer; Where my fist travels and your nose begins.
    Last edited by Saltybee; 02-26-2019 at 07:40 AM. Reason: other side

Quote Originally Posted by Bdfarmer555 View Post
    Kinda like when they lowered the sulfur in diesel fuel, everyone lost 10% of their fuel economy. We burn more now for the same job. Beautiful, ain't it.
    Well your fields may benefited , my lakes did not. Not going to argue on diesel fixes. DFT has not been a great plan.
    Dubious on the overall math today on ERG systems in gas engines as well. NO2 goes down CO2 goes up. Uhm.

>Was the dust bowl man made? Not without a natural cycle underpinning man's effects.

Correct. The dust bowl was a result of man thinking that the climate was constant. Climate was not constant. A decade long drought combined with plowing a lot of the prairie and assuming that it would continue to be as wet as it had been the previous decade.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    >Was the dust bowl man made? Not without a natural cycle underpinning man's effects.

Correct. The dust bowl was a result of man thinking that the climate was constant. Climate was not constant. A decade long drought combined with plowing a lot of the prairie and assuming that it would continue to be as wet as it had been the previous decade.
    And so we reach the dilemma; Many farmers kept on plowing, waiting for the rain, no need to change.
    Became a good part of the role of government in farming, paid to not plant. Best laid plans.

" Our knowledge of the mechanisms of climate change is at least as fragmentary as our data," concedes the National academy of Sciences report. " Not only are the basic scientific questions largely unanswered, but in many cases we do not know enough to pose the basic questions."

So 43 or so years later no more progress in understanding the basic questions or available data?
    Not much of a "Gotcha".

Started running a snow blower three hours ago at -20F. I am done and in the house and it has warmed up to -13F. A heat wave. Lows below zero F in the forecast into March. I have what was once called 'chill blains in my hands. That is where ice crystals formed in and under your skin and when they thaw cause an unpleasant pins and needles sensation. I haven't missed that sensation. But this cyclical and seasonal weather will eventually pass I suppose.

Whats this!! Now lurking on the horizon---Man Caused Plate Techtonics! All them white people stomping their feet and stampeding cattle and drilling oil wells so they don't have to burn buffalo dung are actually causing the earth to shift at the base's of continents. It is causing islands to sink! Scientist will soon flock to this new banner as rich guvmint grants are rolled out. Buy stock in vibration damping cow booties folks. It will come. It is just as sane as the current environmental religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post

Man Caused Plate Techtonics!
    ah now I could see this one coming for years, when they kept changing the charts of what I should weigh, just to make sure we were all over weight, now the kicker to force us to thin down or sink the Plates I've been saying for years, if all of us time it right and all jump up at the same time, we could dip Calif. down into the ocean.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Researcher in the Finnish Meteorological Institute made this video, which shows the temperature anomalies arranged by country:

The video starts year 1900, ends 2016.
    https://twitter.com/anttilip/status/892318734244884480

Quote Originally Posted by Juhani Lunden View Post
    Researcher in the Finnish Meteorological Institute made this video, which shows the temperature anomalies arranged by country:

The video starts year 1900, ends 2016.
    https://twitter.com/anttilip/status/892318734244884480
    Nice visual. I was looking at some research a little bit ago that was linking the 1600s mini-cooling to the massive death counts of native tribes all over N & S America. 90% in many areas. No one to tend fields or clear underbrush in forests. Nature took control and a two continent growth spurt happened. Interesting research. Many people think of the pre-Colombian land as wild and untamed forests, but it was very well managed. Spaniards rode four horses wide from Tallahassee to Pensacola area. If you know what unmanaged forests in the panhandle look like then you know that isn't possible in them today.
    Beek since 2016: Hardiness Zone 9a: in NW Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    Whats this!! Now lurking on the horizon---Man Caused Plate Techtonics! All them white people stomping their feet and stampeding cattle and drilling oil wells so they don't have to burn buffalo dung are actually causing the earth to shift at the base's of continents. It is causing islands to sink! Scientist will soon flock to this new banner as rich guvmint grants are rolled out. Buy stock in vibration damping cow booties folks. It will come. It is just as sane as the current environmental religion.
    That is not the only problem man has created. Tectonic events and earthquakes always speed up the earth's rotation a bit. But now we have a new problem - rotational inertial pollution. All of the skyscrapers being built in Asia and the Middle East are going to cause the earth's rotation to slow down. And don't forget the wind turbines!
    We'll have longer days, and fewer days per year.

We can address this problem by governments selling inertial offsets. Builders will have to demonstrate that they are adding mass below the earth's surface equal to that being constructed above it. Perhaps they could dump all the waste material and fill in the deep ocean trenches.

I was wondering how long it would be before the 'butterfly effect' would come up in this thread. It appears we are getting close now.

That butterfly effect makes fortune telling very difficult.
    Frank

Here's an article that I found recently, written by a "scientist". https://townhall.com/columnists/davi...r-was-n2542428

Well Tim I think that "scientist"s views were favorable to the power group that recruited that editorial piece. One of his list of credentials was, "senior fellow of the Cornwall alliance for stewardship of creation". Chasing down the implications of these factors would take us into the category of politics and religion. I used to get pretty wrapped up in such discussions but am coming around to thinking other pursuits are more satisfying.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by crofter View Post
    Well Tim I think that "scientist"s views were favorable to the power group that recruited that editorial piece. One of his list of credentials was, "senior fellow of the Cornwall alliance for stewardship of creation". Chasing down the implications of these factors would take us into the category of politics and religion. I used to get pretty wrapped up in such discussions but am coming around to thinking other pursuits are more satisfying.
    So....does that mean you're gonna back up and take a swing at proving the butterfly effect?

I, too, steer clear of discussing politics anymore. Nobody has changed my mind & I doubt I've changed any minds either. I guess some are just born stubborn.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast