How is that Global Warming thing working out for you? - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Default Re: How is that Global Warming thing working out for you?

"Just because your local estuary is sinking and I am sorry it is!"

Well, Maine is still rising from the glaciers, just not fast enough to keep up with the melt. Saying GW ain't true over and over does not make it true. Shouting does not work either. Maybe living on a mountain makes it GW a lie.

So how is paying for emergency aid working. Well not actually paying for it, just borrowing more from China. $869 million per day to pay interest. MAGA !

Sorry in advance, got carried away there.
    It is not true that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
    They can learn them, they just can't do them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

It is OK to be passionate. Not so much to be gullible. No real melt taking place right now. Greenland glacier growing as are both poles ice packs. Life is better warmer. Lot more teeming millions fed when there is more land warm enough to be arable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    No real melt taking place right now. Greenland glacier growing as are both poles ice packs.
    https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/arctic-sea-ice/

Arctic
    https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/c...sea-ice-graph/

Antarctic:
    Antarctic minimum sea ice extent was likely reached on February 28 and March 1
    After plummeting in late December to record daily lows in sea ice extent, Antarctica’s melt slowed significantly in January and February, reaching its likely minimum of 2.47 million square kilometers (954,000 square miles) on both February 28 and March 1. This is the seventh lowest extent in the satellite record.

Sea ice extent has been particularly low in the central and eastern Weddell Sea and in the eastern Ross Sea, but above average ice extent remains along the East Antarctic coastline and the Bellingshausen Sea. Temperatures in the sea ice areas surrounding Antarctica have been near average to slightly below average at 1 degree Celsius to -2 degrees Celsius (34 degrees Fahrenheit to 28 degrees Fahrenheit), except in the Central Pacific/Ross Sea region where temperatures have been up to 3 degrees Celsius (5 degrees Fahrenheit) above the 1981 to 2010 average.

http://nsidc.org/greenland-today/
    "As noted in the previous post, exceptional winter snow accumulation and heavy, summer snowfall, drove the net snow input mass to 130 billion tons above the 1981 to 2010 average. This was followed by a near-average melt and runoff period, resulting in a large net mass gain for the ice sheet in 2018 of 150 billion tons. This is the largest net gain from snowfall since 1996, and the highest snowfall since 1972. However, several major glaciers now flow significantly faster than in these earlier years. The net change in mass of the ice sheet overall, including this higher discharge of ice directly into the ocean, is not clear at this point but may be a smaller loss or even a small gain. This is similar to our assessment for 2017, and in sharp contrast to the conditions for the preceding decade."

We do keep the house colder than we would like. My wood hauling days are long past. In my young gullible days, I used to blame the price of fuel. I even was suspicious of my 30 year old boiler.

No more, now I know who to blame; solar panels.

I'm still a little confused so help me out.

I'm gullible for believing climate change is real?

I'm gullible for believing climate change is bad?

I'm gullible for not believing climate change is both fake and good at the same time ?

I, personally believe these things are happening. I am doubtful as to the degree our role is in creating them or in our power to stop them.

One hit from a large asteroid or a cataclysmic volcano eruption and all of the years of hand wringing will have been for naught.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by AHudd View Post
    One hit from a large asteroid or a cataclysmic volcano eruption and all of the years of hand wringing will have been for naught.
    What a relief.
    Lets start waiting for an asteroid.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltybee View Post

So how is paying for emergency aid working. Well not actually paying for it, just borrowing more from China. $869 million per day to pay interest. MAGA !
    I take exception to your MAGA reference. Are you implying President Trump is to blame for our current debt to China? William Jefferson Clinton was the President who renewed "Most Favored Trading Partner" status to China by way of executive order? https://www.archives.gov/files/feder.../pdf/12850.pdf https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_favoured_nation

I think President Trump is probably the least culpable person of all when it comes to the current China "problem". We the People who shop at Harbor Freight and Walmart are more to blame than President Trump. We the People have the power to stop handing our money over to China. We the People could stop gasoline prices from rising simply by driving less, but we are too comfortable with the way things are to do anything about it. And yes, I am to blame as much as the next person.

Alex

Are you implying President Trump is to blame for our current debt to China? No not really. Did I believe the tax cut was going to pay for itself? I smell BS.
    More saying we are looking for a hole in the fence while the barn burns. True about a lot of things.

Hey all you staunch conservatives, where are you when we need you? It was that "too conservative for me", "too liberal for you" Clinton that actually handled the budget fairly well. I doubt Clinton thought sticking to the same plan as the world changed was the way to go.

"And yes, I am to blame as much as the next person." Me too.

I agree President Clinton handled the budget well. He also kicked the can so far down the road we lost sight of it.

Alex

Interesting piece in the local paper.

Family has been writing on the barn wall ice out date for 98 years,along with when the tractor's oil was last changed.Now being used to track climate change. Now I get not believing those lying scientists, but how how going to argue with a barn wall?

The Portland Water District began ice out date on Sebago lake in 1807. Now the Water District is a quasi municipal district so they might not be trust worthy but;
    Records began in 1807, were spotty until 1871, ;from 1871 to 1936 Sebago froze over every year. from 1937 to 1961 there were 6 years when it did not freeze completely. From 62 to 90 froze every year. For the 29 years from 91 to 2019 there were 10 years it did not freeze completely, 6 of the ten were in the last 10 years. Those fabricating scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by AHudd View Post
    I agree President Clinton handled the budget well. He also kicked the can so far down the road we lost sight of it.

Alex
    Not the only use of his boots.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314