How is that Global Warming thing working out for you? - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: How is that Global Warming thing working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_ks View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.
    My take; There are those who do not see the flip side of a carbon tax. Can't disagree.

I am a liberal in thought, a conservative in practice. Lord please help me keep either view from becoming a religion.
    It is not true that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
    They can learn them, they just can't do them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_ks View Post
    Our government hasn't been perfect from day. We make forward and backward progress every year. There is no other country I would rather live in. For all our faults I consider myself very lucky I was born here.

Good reply, well said.
    -- Joe
    "Make your own decision and embrace the consequences." -- jwcarlson

How is that Global Warming thing working out for you?
    Has anyone asked the Australians? From what I read, most are not happy with the warm weather they're experiencing right now. I know, I know, the earth has experienced extreme weather events in the past and will do so in the future, and this is part of the natural cycle and there's nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmje View Post
    Good reply, well said.
    Thank you sir.
    ks

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    And then there is also the Denier connotation meant just like deplorable to be insulting to opponents because if you have difficulty with the debate you would then try to attack the source of the resistance.
    johno,
    In my head I did not think of denier in the same light as deplorable. I understood people being offended by the deplorable statement when it was first made. I now see that the denier statement is the exact same thing. It will not come from my mouth or keyboard again. Please accept my apology.
    ks

Willing to go far out there?

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...-defects-study

There is no such thing as a free ride.

How's it working out? Not so great over here in NZ. Middle of an all time record smashing heatwave right now, while I am sweating my way through trying to pull the honey crop.

I understand there is insane cold in some parts of the world right now. Extreme weather, more natural disasters, stuff out of whack, it's all part of climate change.
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Our only hope is our youth.
    One rising star is Greta Thunberg, a 16 year old girl from Sweden. She has started a world wide movement of school strikes.

She was invited to speak in the Davos Economic Forum and later on this year she meets the Pope.

https://twitter.com/gretathunberg

Record braking heat in summer 2018.

Trump is here seen as a reckless joke. However we have lately got a problem. The Brits may be even more insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Juhani Lunden View Post
    One rising star is Greta Thunberg, a 16 year old girl from Sweden. She has started a world wide movement of school strikes.

She was invited to speak in the Davos Economic Forum and later on this year she meets the Pope.

https://twitter.com/gretathunberg

Record braking heat in summer 2018.

Trump is here seen as a reckless joke. However we have lately got a problem. The Brits may be even more insane.
    Kids starting school strikes?.... please. Adults need to take charge and the kids need to get educated. Then about the time they have worked for a while then they can be listened to. As a teen and in my early 20s I was narrow minded and didn't realize how much more complicated things really are.

Take for instance round-up, it is not killing the bees like I was taught to believe. My best yard is surrounded by sprayed fields and they overwinter heavy on honey. Also take for instance treatment free, I use to think that was a reasonable solution to save the bees, and after trying everything out there I started to look at things differently. My bees are surviving and thriving now. Young people are inexperienced at best, Give me a baby boomer to talk to any day of the week

As far as Trump goes I don't like him in many ways, but to say he is only a reckless joke is not the truth. If I was in office dealing with Europe, other countries, and the political bums we have here in the United States I would be acting like an insane person too. I am tired of politicians, give me a weirdo over a smooth honey tongued talker like our last president
    Splitting a first year hive successfully https://youtu.be/ZfRTreQ-S9c

I am amazed at how arrogant humans seemed to have become to think that they can control world wide climate change when they can't even control small areas of drought that continue to plague small areas of some states. ....or flooding in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee's Bees LLC View Post
    Kids starting school strikes?.... please. Adults need to take charge and the kids need to get educated. Then about the time they have worked for a while then they can be listened to.

Young people are inexperienced at best, Give me a baby boomer to talk to any day of the week

As far as Trump goes I don't like him in many ways, but to say he is only a reckless joke is not the truth. I am tired of politicians, give me a weirdo over a smooth honey tongued talker like our last president
    Yep that's pretty much my take on it too.

Seems like the sick lame and lazy all want free stuff, and they want you to work hard to give it to them.

Do you confuse "control" with powerless ? I believe neither.

The trouble with Republicans is they believe everyone is a bum.
    The trouble with Democrats is the believe no one is.

My bumper sticker simplistic view of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Juhani Lunden View Post

Our only hope is our youth? Sounds like a desperate last gasp. Ever think relying on children may compound the problems?

I am not surprised that many in the world hold that view of President Trump as he is the first President in 50 yrs to draw attention
    to the comfortable ride much of the world has enjoyed on the brains and sweat and blood of the USA. He's called an end to the big party for many, and even if unsuccessful, has let the cat out of the bag.
    Those darn Brits, running not walking away from the EU. Guess they had enough eh?
    Last edited by clyderoad; 01-30-2019 at 01:54 PM. Reason: clarify

One must not confuse the political parties with the people, the political parties are in fact two political unions designed to keep out others who are not part of their union, Trump does not belong to either of their unions and so must be destroyed before the people realize that more progress can be made in the right direction without the help of the houses of parasites. Governments were designed to protect the population of the country against crime and aggression a task which it has failed miserably and instead is well on the way to becoming tyrannical and is now a monster that is getting out of control. As for a 16 year old child calling the shots in Finland maybe that is some of the problems that we are facing now around the world. It would appear that the children now go to school to teach their dumb parents and lets face it a 16 year old is just a skull full of mush and what comes out of their mouths is what somebody behind the scenes is putting there and they are manipulating that child for their political gain. I might be old fashioned but let me tell you if that was my 16 year old causing problems at school the only strikes that she would know about would be the strikes of my belt on her behind. And about the Britts being insane it is sometimes difficult to see which side of the fence the lunatic asylum is at, I would also feel insane if my country was being dictated to by some poephol from Brussels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee's Bees LLC View Post
    Kids starting school strikes?.... please. Adults need to take charge ........
    Clearly, adults do NOT take charge and all ran for the bushes.
    No one has been in charge in the US for too long now.

Might as well be the kids.
    Google or Microsoft turned out OK in the beginning until too many adults showed up (essentially kids started these).
    It takes a sick/hurt kid for many adults to finally show up.
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

GregV that is because the adults keep letting their kids down by not raising them to be adults. Parents are more often than not raising kids to be kids. Then those kids raise kids and well here we are...right where the politicians want us.

I'm 30. My generation, and those younger are (as a majority) Lazy, self centered, ignorant, and not willing to take action. (Not to mention the lack of muscle tone) You are right though, the parents really have let the last few generations down. Don't expect the degeneration to stop though.
    Splitting a first year hive successfully https://youtu.be/ZfRTreQ-S9c

US Americans may not believe that Climate Change is real but look what they DO believe: https://www.toptenz.net/10-bizarre-t...ng-studies.php
    from the Bee House -http://ecologicalsolutions.com.au/bees/?page_id=8
    40 years - +/- 20 H - TF - Subtropical

Hey Max2 if you believe that dribble you will believe anything.

Hmmm. So unless this gets less personal and political this thread will be Tailgated. Nothing wrong with the conversation but this sub forum will not be the host.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast