French Hill Apiaries Dot Com - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: French Hill Apiaries Dot Com

Labour of love, yes, but also love of labour.
    Wishing you a stellar trajectory,
    Vancouver, Canada

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Outstanding photos, man knows what he is doing. Wasn't able to find the BS member 50% off queens link tho...

I can sure relate to your adversarial tech approach as well, less than a year into a "smart" phone here, kids keep telling me it has a "cloud" too, but haven't seen one yet.......
    “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic”

Thanks for sharing.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    No, all Adam’s photos. He built the site and used what he had. What a job! I’ll add more when I learn how
    Summer photos in January. Just what I needed to get ready to put the plow back on.
    Better than the seed catalogs.
    It is hard to design a safety net that some will not use as a hammock.

because phone booths are a distant memory.
    There must be some still around, because the guy who came out has a big "S" on his chest

Great site!
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mybodyisatemple76 View Post
    Great looking website. What really caught my attention tho was those maple creemees if I lived up there id be stopping there twice a week atleast. wouldn't matter if it was -20 degrees outside. My girlfriend says I could live off ice cream add maple syrup and I don't think you could ever keep me away.
    off topic - I really like Martha's in New York (upstate) when I am there. Their large cones are over a quart of icecream.
    their website http://marthasicecream.com/

a large cone (from trip advisor, not me) https://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Locat...html#190963829

Nice site and some really nice pictures.

One thing you may want to consider though is blur our the license plates on the pictures with vehicles. I don't think I saw any addresses, but I also tend to blur those out in pictures that I post.

Quote Originally Posted by orthoman View Post
    ...Any chance of having links to all of Mr. Palmers lectures and presentations?
    Mike and I spoke about this today, and I just added a Video page with some of the most popular videos linked in from Youtube.

Thanks for all the comments. We're glad people are enjoying the site. There's never any time during the season to do things like this, so I'm glad we got it together and online. I got a new Nikon last spring and made a good habit of bringing it along all season. So it's great to have the site to share some of those. Mike's just got a gorgeous new camera at Christmas time, so I'm sure he'll be adding his own images before long.

Adam

Jeez, looks that truck has an automatic transmission, can't be too big a leap into this internet thing.

Nice Michael.
    5 Production colonies, 1 side by side 5 frame nuc for support- 7 working queens is all I want.

Just thought of something, now that i'm ready to make my own queens it might be hard to get some stock from Mr. Palmer to improve my bees. with the site up and running i'm afraid he'll be over run with orders.

Awesome home site! Very professional outlook and lots of information.

Questions:
    Quote:
    "and each colony is made up of 24 mating nuc frames arranged 8 over 8 over 8."

Bottom box as a stand
    3 boxes on top of each other
    3x4= 12

How come they are 24 and not 12?

What were those little dog food like peas on the mating nuc lid?

There was no pictures/ information about varroa control?

Each box has a divider across the box, side to side. Each side of the divider has 8 mini-combs and a division board feeder. When the dividers are in the central position, the box has 4 maying nucs. On the last queen catch, one queen is left on each side of the divider...divider is moved to sidewall. Then another box or two...the queens are removed and dividers are moved to sidewall. The boxes are united. So, on each side of divider are 8 combs. 3 stories high...24 combs

Not sure which photo has dog food peas. Do you mean on my marking table...those would be queen cage corks
    Last edited by Michael Palmer; 01-17-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grins View Post
    Jeez, looks that truck has an automatic transmission, can't be too big a leap into this internet thing.

Nice Michael.
    I wouldn't own an automatic

Each box has a divider across the box, side to side. Each side of the divider has 8 mini-combs and a division board feeder. When the dividers are in the central position, the box has 4 maying nucs. On the last queen catch, one queen is left on each side of the divider...divider is moved to sidewall. Then another box or two...the queens are removed and dividers are moved to sidewall. The boxes are united. So, on each side of divider are 8 combs. 3 stories high...24 combs

Not sure which photo has dog food peas. Do you mean on my marking table...those would be queen cage corks
    Oh, now I realize that the text below the picture means "combs", not (mini)nucs!

The small round items might be the cage corks.

I wouldn't own an automatic
    5 Production colonies, 1 side by side 5 frame nuc for support- 7 working queens is all I want.

Congratulations on the new site and best wishes!
    “My child, eat honey, for it is good, and the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste.” (Proverbs 24:13)

I'm glad you have a website up. I've learned a lot from your lectures on YouTube.
    One suggestion, put your website on your Google my business listing so people who find the Google listing can hop right to your website.

I just suggested your web address to Google to be linked with your business listing. Really nice pictures.👍

No, all Adam’s photos. He built the site and used what he had. What a job! I’ll add more when I learn how
    Adam did an outstanding job Michael; I know how much you appreciate your workers and they are faithful to you also. Good luck with it!
    Proverbs 16:24

A nice site indeed - love those photos. I'm in a rural area in Australia and the site does load slowly - but worth the wait.
    Can somebody point me to an explanation what he means with the term " brood factory"?
    I understand the idea but don't get how it works with stack of 5 frame (?) nuc boxes?
    from the Bee House -http://ecologicalsolutions.com.au/bees/?page_id=8
    40 years - +/- 20 H - TF - Subtropical

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast