Gonna sell out

Thread: Gonna sell out

Default Gonna sell out

Due to health and other issues going to try to sell my hives and equipment. Have three (live) viable hives right now, enough woodenware to make another 3. Add to that manual extractor, and all associated strainers, etc. Varro Vap, and a ton of other bee related things I've acquired over 14 years. Think $xxx firm would be fair, no cherry picking, load it all up and haul away. Seem reasonable?
    Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 01-08-2019 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Do not post prices except in For Sale forum!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Gonna sell out

I'm sorry about your issues, wish I lived closer.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

I am going to do the same as you exmar. Age and health will be the big factor.Not quitting right now but the future is looming.Its catching up to me right now but hope to get another 5 or so years in and would really like to find someone to teach what I do know on to them to carry on afterwards.

Yeah, grew up on and still own a farm, if you get to where you can't take care of your livestock properly, it's time. I'm kind of on the fence about selling to a newbee, agree it would be nice to pass on what I think I know, but dread watching the mistakes we all made and the questions that kind of don't have answers except, "because." e.g. "You said you always did "X" but I've been reading and it seems "Y" is more popular? Maybe I'll find the right person and it will be a good fit. Probably a year from now I'll still be here, just a year older and crankier. :-)

Thanks for the responses.

As originally posted, the originating post reads like a "for sale" ad. It may not have been meant that way, but plenty of readers will look at it that way. And that is a problem, as if one person can post such a thread (not in For Sale forum), then the next guy thinks its OK as well, and then it snowballs ...

So I edited out the price. Note I did not delete the thread. Please don't make this back into a "sale" thread or I will delete the thread. Sorry to be hard nosed, but otherwise Beesource evolves into a Craigslist competitor.

If one wishes to post a For Sale ad in the For Sale forum, the 1 month subscription is $15, or there are also longer subscription options. One can find the setup page in each member's "Settings" page, or use this link: https://www.beesource.com/forums/payments.php
    Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 01-08-2019 at 09:02 PM.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Rader, no problem, if anything curious if the price seemed OK. Will sell locally.

Sorry to hear exmar. Age catched up with all of us.
    I'm still healthy and reasonably strong I have been looking for means to ease the load. Looking for an electric wheelbarrow as they keep making those hills steeper every year.
    I have mentored a few around here and they all turned out well.
    They are willing to help but they have young families, are busy....and I'm a very stubborn old bugger.
    Keep well.
    from the Bee House -http://ecologicalsolutions.com.au/bees/?page_id=8
    40 years - +/- 20 H - TF - Subtropical

Exmar, always hate to see a beek getting out. Trying now to get my 13 year old niece interested to keep things moving down the line. I think the price you originally discussed is more than fair, perhaps even under valued. Good luck on craigslist or eBay. Or better yet, contact one of the local clubs. Much better chance of getting an experienced buyer.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

"Growing old beats the alternative"

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    "Growing old beats the alternative"
    Learned that in Vietnam.

Hate to hear another beek having to watch from the sidelines. I may get in touch, have a place in Lucasville.

Quote Originally Posted by exmar View Post
    Learned that in Vietnam.
    Hey, me too...Phu Bi 1971, 72, 73 with 158th AVN BN, 101st ABN Div.

Quote Originally Posted by exmar View Post
    Learned that in Vietnam.
    In my mind's eye, you Vietnam vets are young men...because that's what you were during my formidable years. But now my dad (a Seabee who did 3 years in Vietnam) is in failing health, so I'm constantly getting reminded that 40 years have passed. Time is a cruel mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Arthur View Post
    In my mind's eye, you Vietnam vets are young men...because that's what you were during my formidable years. But now my dad (a Seabee who did 3 years in Vietnam) is in failing health, so I'm constantly getting reminded that 40 years have passed. Time is a cruel mistress.

40 years? try 50+ maybe 60+ What get me is they teach that as history in school now, makes me feel real old.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Jim View Post
    40 years? try 50+ maybe 60+ What get me is they teach that as history in school now, makes me feel real old.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Arthur View Post
    You can get a clear picture simply be visiting your local VA Medical Center. All eras are represented by vets, except those who are 'all' gone. These days, when thinking about lost friends and the fact that they'll never have Grandkids, never experience old age, breaks my heart. Its breaking right now.

Time may be a cruel mistress but dying young for nothing is more than cruel IMO.

'67-70, 5th Marines, I Corps, Khe Sanh, Hue, all the fun places. Old news.