Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

FREE APITHERAPY CLINIC

9K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  SuiGeneris 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
*edit*

note from moderator:

i received a request from seamuswildflower that he wanted this post removed.

#2 ·
By starting a GoFundMe account that would make the clinic "free" for you if it gets funded. What about your clients. How much will they have to pay?

You also say you have treated all manner of maladies, nine to be specific, but you don't say you have cured any of them.

Alex

#6 ·
It is generally illegal in thew USA for , purveyors of "alternative" medicine (e.g. woo-peddlers, snake-oil salesmen, medical fraudsters and quacks) to make specific treatment claims, so yes, they claims made above are very much illegal.

Sadly, the FDA doesn't do anything to enforce, leaving people like seamuswildflower free to defraud others.

#11 ·
Sadly, the FDA doesn't do anything to enforce, leaving people like seamuswildflower free to defraud others.
OK. But let's say somebody had say, cancer, and did not get mainstream treatment because they were led to believe the apitherapy would cure it or had cured it, then discovered they were now terminal because mainstream treatment had been delayed, would they not be open to sue?

#7 ·
what is being described here would likely be in violation of south carolina code 40-47-20 (36) (c):

"offering or undertaking to prevent or to diagnose, correct or treat in any manner, or by any means, methods, or devices, disease, illness, pain, wound, fracture, infirmity, defect, or abnormal physical or mental condition of a person, including the management of pregnancy and parturition;"

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t40c047.php

jurisdiction for enforcement rests with the 'south carolina state board of medical examiners'.

these boards will generally not investigate unless a complaint is filed by a citizen who has suffered injury from the fraudulent practice of medicine without a license, although i have been successful in my state with having the board issue a cease and desist order for similar practices without having a specific complaint from a citizen.

the board sent undercover investigators posing as potential 'patients'.

#12 ·
I know apitherapy is popular in some circles. Seamus Wildflower could probably run a nice little business catering to pampered upper class housewives, if he would not make any health claims.

Just, could he be relied on to abandon making any claims.

#17 ·
Hmm that throws some light on it. Terrible sad situation.

You mention diagnosis by the healer reminded me of that exact case in my own neck of the woods, a woman was running some sort of weird healing clinic, but people were going and SHE would diagnose something such as liver disease, or whatever, give them a course of treatment, and then pronounce them cured. Some of the "patients" bought into it hook line and sinker. It hit the local newspapers and was then shut down by the authorities. Excellent little scam while it lasted though.

#20 ·
Sadly, this kind of crap happens all the time. There's pretty much an unending parade of people willing to prey on the desperate, sell "wellness", invent diseases, an so forth, just to make a quick buck. At best, it costs people money. At worst, it costs them their lives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.