Brushy Mountain Extractor motor

Default Brushy Mountain Extractor motor

Now that Brushy Mt is out of buisness, does anyone know where a replacement motor for the 9 frame extractor can be found?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Brushy Mountain Extractor motor

My suggestion would be to check the make and model of the manufacturer's tag on the motor that came with the extractor and then just google it online. Brushy Mountain didn't make motors. Off the top of my head Grainger's is usually a good starting point.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

Keep in mind that the motors were manufactured in Europe and are designed for 50 hz not 60hz. Not sure about 220 volts vs 110. Brushey converted the electrical system after they received them here.

My understanding is that Brushy Mtn extractors were manufactured by the Italian company Saf Natura:
    https://shop.safnatura.com/eng/extra...eco-motor/702/
    You can try contacting Saf.

Or, you might find that other USA vendors are selling Saf products, perhaps importing them directly. It may be that you could buy an appropriate motor even though it doesn't come from Brushy. For instance, it may by worth contacting B&B Honey Farm:
    https://www.bbhoneyfarms.com/store/c...conversion-kit
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by John Davis View Post
    Keep in mind that the motors were manufactured in Europe and are designed for 50 hz not 60hz. Not sure about 220 volts vs 110. Brushey converted the electrical system after they received them here.
    Most large manufactures will build equipment with the right motor for where it is being sent to/specified by the customer. The original motor may have been a 60Hz motor wired for 120V or it may have a 90VDC motor with a speed controller. If you find the manufactures motor tag you should be able to get any other motor with the same power, speed, mounting options, and output shaft diameter and swap it in.

There are shops around that rebuild electric motors.Go to the yellow pages and see who is in your area.Usually they dont charge a lot.

Thanks all, I have 2 of the Brushy 9 frame extractors, one manual and one motorized. was wanting to add the motor to the manual one. I know they used to sell the motor kit as an add on after market type thing. This is what I found... https://shop.safnatura.com/eng/extra...eco-motor/702/

I bought one on ebay, don't remember the companies name but I think there were from N.J.

Just be sure to check for free shipping! if they have it for what you are looking for. I have purchased a lot of items, electrical and non electrical from them and even though they are on the other side of the world they will gladly work with you if you have issues!

They may have what you need and then again maybe not! I did not look!

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...tor-motor.html

you can also check the next one and you can haggle a bit. Be sure to check shipping cost and MOQ (minimum order quantity)

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/hon...tor-motor.html

again I did not check myself just got you to the page. I have also bought quite a bit from here!

I have the 9 frame manual crank. I bought a lathe motor kit from penn state for $120. Works perfectly. Comes with motor & speed controller. Had to fab up a bracket but that was easy. Painted it green to match trim. Looks like factory. Sure beats the $495 that BM wanted.
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.