Anyone purchased the Newly redesigned Dadant 20 frame extractor?

Default Anyone purchased the Newly redesigned Dadant 20 frame extractor?

Anyone have experience with the new Dadant 20 framer. Looks like they made some nice improvements as far as the legs and reel go. Iím looking to upgrade before spring hits.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Anyone purchased the Newly redesigned Dadant 20 frame extractor?

Think about upgrading before metal prices go up. I know Maxant is taking a jump first of the year. Might enquire of Dadant.

After this weekends new agreement with U.S. and China steel prices should not escalate in 2019 any more than the 20-26% they already have since last year (unless Trump pissess off someone else). I have been in the steel business for many years and deal with numerous factors concerning pricing. Certainly the last few months have allowed all U.S. steel manufacturer's to adjust their costs of doing business and most likely institute very favorable price increases. In other words their already fat.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

I saw one of these, along with a 32 frame extractor at the High Springs branch. There have been a number of improvements and are pretty impressive. I would love to have one but the price tag hurt my feelings. I think the 32 was ~$4000.
    I’m pretty partial to Dadant products, but I’m just not convinced that the improvements are worth the increased price.
    I really wish the major manufacturers would get away from the inverted cone bottoms with the side drain and go to a traditional tank head bottom with a low point drain and a bottom drive through a mechanical seal. That would be an improvement worth paying for. In my humble opinion, of course.

I have two of the last design and I don't like the look of the changes.

One of the reasons I really love the Dadant 20 is that I can easily move it around by myself. I like the fact that I can remove the motor, take the drum off the stand, pick it up and walk it through any normal-sized door. I can take it outside to clean, and the breaking down of parts allows for more storage and transportation flexibility.

Adam

I'm with Adam. I have used my Dadant 20 framer for a number of years with no hiccups to date. Mine is bolted to my concrete floor and I can easily unbolt it to move it outside for a hot water pressure bath. It has served me quite well extracting tons of honey. I looked at the Dadant website and checked out the couple of so called improvements. Quite frankly I'm not too impressed with the new spot welded leg design?? I like having the option of easily taking mine off the stand. The new segmented reel seems ok but I have never had an issue with frame slippage in mine (with the exception of all plastic frames) and that's one reason I have been phasing out my Mann Lake PF frames.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti