Mann Lake Must Think That I am A Moron, forgetful or what?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mann Lake Must Think That I am A Moron, forgetful or what?

They sent me 19 emails to remind me about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, all very similar.

1 - 11/21
    3 - 11/22
    2 - 11/23
    2 - 11/24
    1 - 11/25
    5 - 11/26
    1 - 11/27
    4 - 11/28

On 11/26 they said final hours at 5:18pm but someone working late extended it at 11:18pm.
    I am probably writing this thread too early because they again said Only Hours Left today at 3:04 pm but I wouldn't be surprised to see it extended again tonight.
    I like Mann Lake but I think their email advertising department needs a lesson on not overdoing it.
    Five in one day?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Mann Lake Must Think That I am A Moron, forgetful or what?

got to agree but not only Mann Lake, amazon, walyworld, etc every time I log on, I figure I've become famous with all the emails, then I'm brought down by the fact all they want is my honey money
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    I like Mann Lake but I think their email advertising department needs a lesson on not overdoing it.
    Five in one day?
    Agreed! This came up a year or two ago, and I was quite surprised to see that many here didn't really have issue with the constant barrage of extremely similar solicitations. For me, it would be another thing if each contact Mann Lake made represented new offers, but (at least on quick glance) they look to be identical offers. This time of year, my "delete" key gets plenty of exercise.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

I see the same thing watching Hulu and getting a stupid ad repeated every 5 minutes. Unfortunately the generation that is working in these marketing departments grew up with Facebook and similar programs. They don't think 100 emails in a day that all say nothing is annoying. It tells me they don't really know or respect their customer base.

Or, maybe I don't know it and am not their target market. Maybe I'm just getting old... I don't think so, but I was wrong once before.

They sent me 19 emails to remind me about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, all very similar.
    Pretty much the same here. I didn't count them. Tigerdirect sent me 5 in one hour and a ton more in two days. I can't think of anything I purchased from them. It was a short period between election adds and black Friday/Christmass.
    ks

Send them to the spam folder, they don't show up again.
    ...We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are...

1 - 11/21
    3 - 11/22
    2 - 11/23
    2 - 11/24
    1 - 11/25
    5 - 11/26
    1 - 11/27
    4 - 11/28

On 11/26 they said final hours at 5:18pm but someone working late extended it at 11:18pm.
    I am probably writing this thread too early because they again said Only Hours Left today at 3:04 pm but I wouldn't be surprised to see it extended again tonight.
    Five in one day?
    I read the first one or two and "delete" the rest without opening.

Then they will send their "cyber Monday" discount which will be the same discount...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

They have an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroZomBEE View Post
    This if you dont want them. If you do you can go on your account and subscribe again.
    Terrence

Just for the record, their 12% discount is (or perhaps was) the real deal. I put in a big commercial sized order and it was just as advertised.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I WANT to receive their advertisements, but who NEEDS 19 in a few days? I unsubscribed once before but was missing sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroZomBEE View Post
    All of my opinions and suggestions are based on my five decades of actual beekeeping,
    not so much on book learning, watching YouTube videos nor reading internet sites.

My gmail account keeps the flood of promotional email under a promotional tab and away from my other email. At least it does on my laptop. I agree, Mann Lake sent out way too many emails.
    Beek since 2016: Hardiness Zone 9a: in NW Florida

Agree with all the above. ML and Kelly have been blowing up my inbox. Like others, after reading the first ones, I just delete the rest. It not like each one is a separate deal, same ol same ol. Ebay has been doing the same thing.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

I WANT to receive their advertisements, but who NEEDS 19 in a few days? I unsubscribed once before but was missing sales.
    What you can try is NOT opening the repeat emails, or turn off image display by 'default'. Mass email campaigns typically include a tool disguised as an image that reports back to the sender about whether the email is "opened" or not. Opening the email is interpreted as 'interest', and they send you more.

Setting your email account to NOT show images until you tell it to is what I do. For GMail see this: https://support.google.com/mail/answ...DDesktop&hl=en

Interesting reading: https://mailchimp.com/resources/emai...ng-benchmarks/
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

I contacted them and told them people are happy with their products but were unhappy with all the constant emails when they have a sale.I havent gotten anymore emails since then.

Yup same here, when I was going through my emails it felt like every third or forth was from them.

A sign of the times I guess.

1 - 11/21
    3 - 11/22
    2 - 11/23
    2 - 11/24
    1 - 11/25
    5 - 11/26
    1 - 11/27
    4 - 11/28

Five in one day?
    It’s a horrible situation and I think you should contact them with your usual charm and diplomacy and make them aware of it.
    My opinions are based on whatever OD Frank says because he thinks he knows everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
    Itís a horrible situation and I think you should contact them with your usual charm and diplomacy and make them aware of it.
    I appreciate your sympathy in this dreadful ordeal.

I thought your promised to remove your stupid signature from your Beesource posts?

I thought your promised to remove your stupid signature from your Beesource posts?
    Iím sorry Oliver. Iím still enjoying congratulatory PMís from many members on this site. I will take it down soon.
    My opinions are based on whatever OD Frank says because he thinks he knows everything!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast