Where to buy Cardboard Nuc boxes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where to buy Cardboard Nuc boxes

Anyone have a source to buy those 5 frame cardboard nuc boxes wholesale? I know I can get them at the usual retailers, but looking for a price break on bigger quantities.
    PM's are fine
    Thad

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Where to buy Cardboard Nuc boxes

Jester offers pallet quantities:
    http://www.jesterbee.com/EZ-Nuc.html
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

You can buy direct from the factories that make them through alibaba.com. They even have a rfq feature that lets you collect a ton of quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhaupt2 View Post
    You can buy direct from the factories that make them through alibaba.com. They even have a rfq feature that lets you collect a ton of quotes.
    What sort of minimum quantities are involved? I'm curious if I could buy a couple of dozen.
    David. Cheerful beekeeping

The minimum order quantities are all over the board, anywhere from 1 to several thousand. there is obviously a price break per unit when you order in quantity. the shipping is not worth it in my experience for anything under 100. as your dealing with individual factories first hand, the prices can vary pretty wildly. i have seen nucs go from 2 dollars a piece to 7. its a pretty straight forward process to get a quote, and you do get to talk to people, go on and see what you can get, just remember to see what shipping will cost. for the quantaties i was ordering it ended up being cheaper to wait for a sale at mannlake.

Jester box is worth every penny in my opinion. Some of the cardboard boxes are a ***** to fold together.

Thanks for the input everyone.
    The jesters are great, but hard to swallow the cost of making a few hundred

I just ordered 10 Mann Lake boxes because my wallet sphincter closed up when I tallied the Jesters with shipping. I hope they work out, came to about $11 per box.
    5 Production colonies, 1 side by side 5 frame nuc for support- 7 working queens is all I want.

I've never used these but you can get 25 for $125 plus shipping from Ohio. Just plain cardboard so probably
    not as durable as the Jester boxes.

http://www.mdasplitter.com/nuc_boxes.php

Thumbs Up Re: Where to buy Cardboard Nuc boxes

Has any one got a look at the new PRO NUC. I'm not sure if the big guy has got their orders in on these yet to retail.

bee-pros.com/proNuc.php

Quote Originally Posted by The Honey Householder View Post
    Has any one got a look at the new PRO NUC. I'm not sure if the big guy has got their orders in on these yet to retail.

bee-pros.com/proNuc.php
    Thanks for the link. Very cool! I hope they come in competitively priced !! If not I'll stick to wood.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SWM View Post
    I've never used these but you can get 25 for $125 plus shipping from Ohio. Just plain cardboard so probably
    not as durable as the Jester boxes.

http://www.mdasplitter.com/nuc_boxes.php
    I've used many hundred of these. sufficient for nuc sales. Better ventilation than Jester's. But, I used waxed, sold by Brushy. Anyone else selling waxed?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    I've used many hundred of these. sufficient for nuc sales. Better ventilation than Jester's. But, I used waxed, sold by Brushy. Anyone else selling waxed?
    Mann Lake,
    https://www.mannlakeltd.com/white-waxed-nuc-box
    5 Production colonies, 1 side by side 5 frame nuc for support- 7 working queens is all I want.

I've been getting the waxed ones from Brushy for 5 or 6 years and they by far have the best ventilation.

Mike- Mel has the waxed ones as well. He's pricing them with shipping for me now. You can contact him at [email protected]

The Mann Lake boxes don't have near as much ventilation as the mda box.

I emailed bee-pros. See what happens. Dadant and the other Blue Sky don't have them on their website. No phone number to call. Don't seem like they want to sell them. Just a side gig probably. I let you know if they mail me back.

Bee-pros are a wholesale company. Looks like min. order might be a pallet (400). My wooden box with tops and bottoms are costing me $14 right now. I would bet they are cheaper then that at wholesale price.

They emailed back. $7.50 by the pallet. January probably before they can deliver. I wonder how much plastic would sweat in Louisiana? Maybe in the shade only.

With the cardboard nuc, don't seal a nuc in the night before a sale because they will often chew out a ventilation hole and make an exit hole. It's not so bad if you detect it before the customer puts it in the car's back seat and leaves for home, but if you don't, new beekeepers tend to panic when they suddenly have bees all over the windshield.
    42 + years - 24 colonies - IPM disciple - Naturally Skeptic

Thad, how many are you looking for?
    Unless you're ready to order thousands in one order, or take your chances strait from china, going with mann lake or strait from mda splitter, mel Disselken(spelling?) would be your best bet.

Also make sure you contact them directly and tell them you are looking for skid quantities. If they know that the pallet will be sold as a whole unit and not opened they can move more on the price.

the Mann Lake nucs are ok - but require a special stapler to secure them and the ledge that holds the frames often moves and allows frames to fall and of course, potentially harming queens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast