Honey Extraction Services?? How many use it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tangent alert! Lol
    Can we continue the conversation on extraction? I know process is very important. To avoid cross contamination we keep all the frames and boxes in pairs. The worse possible scenario would be to mix up frames and boxes, especially between two yards. We also keep supers covered to keep our bees out of other boxes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Honey Extraction Services?? How many use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverdale View Post
    Quote from Honey Householder: Sounds like it was the professor that had a contaminate labor. I wouldn't have that professor extracting my honey.

It's really best to have all the information before posting all the bogyman statements. Next thing you know people will be quoting you as another professor without a name.

Look up Dr. Roger Morse, Entomologist from Cornell U. Being as smart as he is and as “boogey-like” you are, he would never do or even intimate what you spouted. I’m astounded you have kept bees since 2008 and don’t seem to know much. Deb

Sorry been doing the business for almost 40 years now. I doubt that I do it for another 40 years, because of AFB. I have always been told that sick bees don't make honey. My 7 year APH is 147 lbs.

One of the bogyman stories out their. Beware of AFB from old equipment it's all contaminated. Some the equipment that I'm running today was equipment my dad had ran that he bought from another old beekeeper. My equipment varies from 1-80+ years old. Deb I'm sure I have honey supers that are older then you and I.

Sorry I don't take the time out of my busy life to study about all these DR. or Professors. I just go out and live it. In all my years AFB has not been a problem. Been extracting other beekeepers honey for over 16 years and have had no problems. You can quote that if you like.

Thanks,
    Ron
    Last edited by The Honey Householder; 11-15-2018 at 08:27 AM. Reason: AFB is nothing compared to the MITE

Thanks for your wisdom on a cloudy subject. I agree with all you say. The Sophomores have a different belief system.

We are happy to run others honey but we only do it after we are done with ours. We weigh the boxes in and weigh them empty going out. We have a valve that keeps their honey out of our tanks and goes directly to their buckets or barrel which is weighed as it fills. If they don't have enough buckets they lose the remnant. No time. 20 cents a pound and we keep the wax. Small guys we treat the same but like I said they have to have their boxes there as we finish ours. It helps the little guys. We put them all on their own pallets and run them all at the end and it works out pretty good. Most like to help by moving their boxes, scratching comb and scraping frames. Had nine people show up for cleanup on the last day tho we don't ask for it. We sell nucs to quite a few of these smaller beekeepers and it saves them from buying little extractors, etc. Ran an extra 3 and a half days this year on small lots. Probably not making much but it doesn't hurt nuc sales.

Hillbilly,
    What % do you subtract for the beeswax when doing a weigh in, weigh out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12