Need Help With Queenless Hive

Default Need Help With Queenless Hive

Hello everyone.

I'm new on this forum.

I need help determining whether my friend's hive is queenless. I checked it out today and found no brood, lots of bees, honey, nectar and some queen cells. I'm still relatively new at this, so I could use some help. I posted a video with the findings hoping the community can help.

https://youtu.be/D99SuYdbpik

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Need Help With Queenless Hive

Looks queenless to me probably rolled her. In your location you might be able to let it play out unless you can find another queen. When inspecting pry the first frame away from the next frame and remove it then slide each frame over before pulling it out and repeat for each frame that will prevent a queen from getting rolled. If in AHB area you'll probably want to find another mated queen.

Default Re: Need Help With Queenless Hive

it is very hard to tell in the video but it seems that the frames are full of nectar? It looks as though the bees are backfilling the frames (I think) You need another brood box for room. IF they are preparing to swarm that queen is probably really skinny now and difficult to find. OR you killed her while inspecting (been there done that). You are definitely inspecting that hive incorrectly as Slow Drone mentioned. Saying this kindly, you need a mentor or someone from a local bee club to help you along.
    Proverbs 16:24