Brushy Mountain Closing? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Brushy Mountain Closing?

May not be Hadley's list of companies anymore, but they still have a page header with an image of Brushy Mountain.assembly.jpg
    www.capitalbeesupply.com
    Manufacturers and Purveyors of Fine Beekeeping Equipment

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Looks like Ruhl is going to try to regroup and start up again.

From Ruhl's web site:

"Ruhl Bee Supply
    (Oregon division of Brushy Mountain Bee Farm) has temporarily stopped operations due to Brushy Mountain Bee Farm closing for business. Stand by for updates as the Ruhl Bee team regroups to serve our Northwest community"

Link

Fingers crossed for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Diptera View Post
    This stinks. All my equipment is BM and i have always had good experiences with them.
    My wife juat got me a gift certificate in October for our anniversary. They better honor it.
    Where are some of the distributors? I am in NC and always got it from the main base.
    I suggest you not hold your breath about the value of your gift certificate...even a distributor may not accept it because they know they will not get the money from the company if it's shut down.
    Humble assistant to beek Alison as well as family purveyor of luxury Bee condominiums and Paparazzi activities...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA View Post
    I suggest you not hold your breath about the value of your gift certificate...even a distributor may not accept it because they know they will not get the money from the company if it's shut down.

Yeah, that was my gut feeling. Oooof. That is NOT going to sit well with the wife. Not that I am happy about it.

If the gift certificate was funded by a credit card purchase, contact the issuing card company to see if there is a possibility of recovering those funds, but do not delay as it may already be past the window of opportunity.

And while gift certificates are only a 'general' obligation (not a 'secured' obligation), a valid debt still exists. Depending on what assets remain from the Brushy Mountain corporation, and what claims are higher in priority, there is a possibility of getting at least a partial refund. I wouldn't be holding my breath on this part, though.

Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 11-13-2018 at 09:19 AM. Reason: typo
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Wow, that's hard to believe BM is closed! I did buy some queen rearing supplies from them last spring. Mann Lake, even though my primary supplier didn't have what I needed. I carry all ML stuff in the store/website but BM had some really hard to find stuff. I feel for everyone who has used BM as their primary supplier, sometimes other manufacturers equipment won't match up well. Side note: Hey John here is your opportunity to buy them out and upscale your building operation! 😉

There’s lots of other large and small dealers throughout the southeast and mid-Atlantic. Some even have brick and mortar storefronts and offer free shipping at certain thresholds , too. We’ll all be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zonedar View Post
    Looks like Ruhl is going to try to regroup and start up again.

From Ruhl's web site:

"Ruhl Bee Supply
    (Oregon division of Brushy Mountain Bee Farm) has temporarily stopped operations due to Brushy Mountain Bee Farm closing for business. Stand by for updates as the Ruhl Bee team regroups to serve our Northwest community"

Link

Fingers crossed for them!

still hope for a local glass supplier.
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by Hive5ive View Post
    Hey John here is your opportunity to buy them out and upscale your building operation! ��
    I'm afraid a move to NC is not in my future. But building more woodenware this winter is. Let me know if you need anything.

Just placed an order for frames from ML (at about half the price I was paying BM) Who else sells Acorn foundation? ML carries Rite-cell and I prefer to use Acorn.

Edit: Update. So I placed the order for 150 frames yesterday after hours via the web. I just got the FedEx tracking info advising that my order will be delivered tomorrow. With BM, I would not have even received an order confirmation for another two or three days. Maybe this won't be such a bad thing after all.
    Last edited by JWPalmer; 11-13-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Just placed an order for frames from ML (at about half the price I was paying BM) Who else sells Acorn foundation? ML carries Rite-cell and I prefer to use Acorn.
    I think Rite-cell is pretty good but prefer Acorn a little more. https://www.lappesbeesupply.com/ sells Acorn.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    I believe that Mann Lake offers some plastic foundation with extra heavy wax coatings.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

A great supplier is Miller Bee Supply in Wilkesboro, NC. Beverly Miller (the owner) is a wonderful person. I am sure they will absorb some of the business that BM left with them shutting down.

http://www.acornbee.com/

You can also purchase direct @ the above link. Nice people.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Bees View Post
    A great supplier is Miller Bee Supply in Wilkesboro, NC. Beverly Miller (the owner) is a wonderful person. I am sure they will absorb some of the business that BM left with them shutting down.
    I second this... I was just up there the other day buying some wooden ware. They are great people to deal with in my experience.

Just wanted to pass this along. On of the reasons I liked BM so much, and was willing to pay the price, was the quality of their woodenware. Well, the frames I just got from ML are exactly the same as what BM was selling, and at a better price. Whew! I have a few frames, don't know from where, but they are less than "quality" IMO.

Miller Bee ought to strike while the iron is hot and take out an ad here on Beesource.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

beterbee in ny sells acorn foundation, betterbee also owns humble-abodes in maine the large woodenware mfg.

Quote Originally Posted by mathesonequip View Post
    beterbee in ny sells acorn foundation, betterbee also owns humble-abodes in maine the large woodenware mfg.
    And just today Mann Lake acquired Kelley Beekeeping (“Kelley”), based in Clarkson, KY, from Frandsen Corporation. As part of the Kelley acquisition, Mann Lake is partnering with Frandsen-owned Miller Manufacturing to offer beekeeping supplies into their distribution chain.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...ing-2018-11-14

Mann Lake is now the “Amazon” of beekeeping.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

It wouldn't surprise me if Hadley was aware of the impending Mann Lake management buyout / acquisition of Kelley Beekeeping involving financing from Grey Mountain Partners, and decided that the competition was going to crush Brushy Mtn, which precipitated the BM shutdown. Further, I'll speculate that Hadley tried to shop Brushy Mtn to Grey Mountain before Hadley decided to pull the plug.

And regarding Mann Lake, don't overlook that Mann Lake also "owns and operates D&I Pure Sweeteners, a leading processor and distributor of sugar."
    http://www.dipuresweeteners.com/index.html
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Wonder if ML will keep the Kelley name intact or absorb it. Time will tell.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast