Brushy Mountain Closing?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Brushy Mountain Closing?

Just an FYI. Iíve quietly heard that Brushy Mountain is about to close itís doors.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Default Re: Brushy Mountain Closing?

Too big to fail...?

Probably not...

Too big to succeed...?

Anybody's guess...

Its a shame if they go under.

More like too expensive to sell anything!

Quote Originally Posted by TNValleyBeeK View Post
    More like to expensive to sell anything!
    Yeah probably so... They have always sold good stuff though.

My problem was trying to order from them and parts of the order were not in stock. The company solution was to drop ship the rest of the order when available plus the appropriate shipping charges.

I cancelled the entire order and got everything from mann lake. Been ordering from them ever since.

All kinds of info was going around the conference today, that I didn't hear. But it was good seeing you today

Quote Originally Posted by westtnbeekeeper View Post
    My problem was trying to order from them and parts of the order were not in stock. The company solution was to drop ship the rest of the order when available plus the appropriate shipping charges.
    My experience was completely different. I placed an order this summer that qualified for free shipping. Part of the order was not in stock. They shipped what was in stock and a week or two later I received the remainder of the order. No additional shipping fees. I remember that happening another time. No additional shipping fees for the backordered items.

My experience with Brushy Mountain has been nothing but positive.

I know a vendor that sells to them, I’ll have to ask him.
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
    My experience was completely different. I placed an order this summer that qualified for free shipping. Part of the order was not in stock. They shipped what was in stock and a week or two later I received the remainder of the order. No additional shipping fees. I remember that happening another time. No additional shipping fees for the backordered items.

My experience with Brushy Mountain has been nothing but positive.
    I would have expected that to be the case in my situation but twas not to be. I have a lot of brushy mountain gear but it was all purchased from middle men. From what I could see the prices were no different than the catalog prices. I would assume that would be the product of a generous vendor discount or the bulk prices are reasonable enough to survive on.

Yes but their quality was exceptional.

IF BM closes, wonder who will handle the LEGAL OA? Right now BM is the only one who distributes the Legal OA. Everyone who sells the legal OA, buys from BM.

Too bad...it was a nice little store with nice folks working there. Was also a stopping point on the way to and from Seattle from Northern California.

they always treated me good. The supported all the bee clubs with raffle gifts and discounts. They will be missed in this area. Now where am I going to get good 1lb glass jars for free shipping?
    ďWhy do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves upĒ Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by minz View Post
    they always treated me good. The supported all the bee clubs with raffle gifts and discounts. They will be missed in this area. Now where am I going to get good 1lb glass jars for free shipping?
    From the same place that Brushy Mountain likely got theirs from? www.fillmorecontainer.com At the website, search for "honey jars". Shipping isn't free but pickup is free in Lancaster, PA. A guy in my church makes jams and jellies for a living and goes there regularly and visits family and he has picked up jars for me. If you are close by there, it may be worth the trip, particularly if you can qualify for bulk pricing by getting a club order together. -james

This stinks. All my equipment is BM and i have always had good experiences with them.
    My wife juat got me a gift certificate in October for our anniversary. They better honor it.
    Where are some of the distributors? I am in NC and always got it from the main base.

Quote Originally Posted by Diptera View Post
    This stinks. All my equipment is BM and i have always had good experiences with them.
    My wife juat got me a gift certificate in October for our anniversary. They better honor it.
    Where are some of the distributors? I am in NC and always got it from the main base.
    I suggest you not hold your breath about the value of your gift certificate...even a distributor may not accept it because they know they will not get the money from the company if it's shut down.
    Humble assistant to beek Alison as well as family purveyor of luxury Bee condominiums and Paparazzi activities...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA View Post
    I suggest you not hold your breath about the value of your gift certificate...even a distributor may not accept it because they know they will not get the money from the company if it's shut down.

Yeah, that was my gut feeling. Oooof. That is NOT going to sit well with the wife. Not that I am happy about it.

If the gift certificate was funded by a credit card purchase, contact the issuing card company to see if there is a possibility of recovering those funds, but do not delay as it may already be past the window of opportunity.

And while gift certificates are only a 'general' obligation (not a 'secured' obligation), a valid debt still exists. Depending on what assets remain from the Brushy Mountain corporation, and what claims are higher in priority, there is a possibility of getting at least a partial refund. I wouldn't be holding my breath on this part, though.

Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 11-13-2018 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Wonder if ML will keep the Kelley name intact or absorb it. Time will tell.

I just took a look at miller bee supply. Prices are not bad but shipping is not free. Guess i will stick with my local bee supply show ( Hungry bear farms in Canadaigua NY, ) or ML for online shopping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast