Brushy Mountain Closing?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Brushy Mountain Closing?

Just an FYI. Ive quietly heard that Brushy Mountain is about to close its doors.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Brushy Mountain Closing?

Too big to fail...?

Probably not...

Too big to succeed...?

Anybody's guess...

Its a shame if they go under.

More like too expensive to sell anything!

Quote Originally Posted by TNValleyBeeK View Post
    More like to expensive to sell anything!
    Yeah probably so... They have always sold good stuff though.

My problem was trying to order from them and parts of the order were not in stock. The company solution was to drop ship the rest of the order when available plus the appropriate shipping charges.

I cancelled the entire order and got everything from mann lake. Been ordering from them ever since.

All kinds of info was going around the conference today, that I didn't hear. But it was good seeing you today

Quote Originally Posted by westtnbeekeeper View Post
    My problem was trying to order from them and parts of the order were not in stock. The company solution was to drop ship the rest of the order when available plus the appropriate shipping charges.
    My experience was completely different. I placed an order this summer that qualified for free shipping. Part of the order was not in stock. They shipped what was in stock and a week or two later I received the remainder of the order. No additional shipping fees. I remember that happening another time. No additional shipping fees for the backordered items.

My experience with Brushy Mountain has been nothing but positive.

I know a vendor that sells to them, I’ll have to ask him.
    Rod

There is a vendor here in the Richmond area, Honey and the Hive, that is a brand new Brushy Mountain distributor. Hard to believe they would take on a new vendor if the plan was to close up shop.

They have three locations, maybe the rumour is that one of them is closing? Just a WAG.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

I just head this.... "Actually in April 2019, Brushy Mountain Correctional Center in Tennessee will be closing. Not connected to the Bee Farm in Moravian Falls, NC."

Could it be a confusion of names???
    sc-bee

More than likely, the prison is hardly state of the art.

Edit
    According to Wikki, the prison closed in 2009.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Wilsonville OR is closing. I ran down there on Friday when the bee club had leaked the news; they were not staffed for it. They closed the store and when the guy I was with pulled on the door they came out and said to come back on Tuesday. I later seen that they had reopened in a limited capacity later that afternoon and started selling again. I drove 45 minutes to get there. At least they told me that the glass was all gone (getting glass local is a big deal for me since ML will not ship for free or insure).
    I just thought it was the local store.
    Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

The one by me never has things when they are needed most. In the busy season they are often out of simple things like foundation and frames. In early spring they have no boxes. It's nice having a place close. It would be even nicer if the close place had what I need.

It's gotten to the point that paying incrementally more for Prime delivery is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
    My experience was completely different. I placed an order this summer that qualified for free shipping. Part of the order was not in stock. They shipped what was in stock and a week or two later I received the remainder of the order. No additional shipping fees. I remember that happening another time. No additional shipping fees for the backordered items.

My experience with Brushy Mountain has been nothing but positive.
    I would have expected that to be the case in my situation but twas not to be. I have a lot of brushy mountain gear but it was all purchased from middle men. From what I could see the prices were no different than the catalog prices. I would assume that would be the product of a generous vendor discount or the bulk prices are reasonable enough to survive on.

It would make more sense that it would be the prison.

Its just down the interstate from me here but I have never laid eyes on it.

Must have closed it about the time James Earl Ray died.

Quote Originally Posted by minz View Post
    Wilsonville OR is closing.
    Minz got the story correct.
    It is just the Wilsonville, Oregon store of Brushy Mtn Bee Supply (AKA Ruhl Bee Supply) that is closing / now closed.

https://www.beesource.com/forums/sho...ut-their-doors
    http://www.ruhlbeesupply.com/?fbclid...u9DsnuAYDpEAoo

The rest of Brushy Mountain Bee Supply is operating as usual.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

This was posted on Ruhl's FB page as a reply to their post about closing their doors.

"Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. We'll sure miss our wonderful community of beekeepers! To answer a couple of questions, BMBF is still open but has limited inventory in some departments [emphasis mine]. And unfortunately Ruhl Bee will not have any further opportunities to sell off remaining inventory."

Not sure what it means but it certainly isn't a positive regarding BM.

IF BM closes, wonder who will handle the LEGAL OA? Right now BM is the only one who distributes the Legal OA. Everyone who sells the legal OA, buys from BM.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Too bad...it was a nice little store with nice folks working there. Was also a stopping point on the way to and from Seattle from Northern California.

they always treated me good. The supported all the bee clubs with raffle gifts and discounts. They will be missed in this area. Now where am I going to get good 1lb glass jars for free shipping?
    Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    There is a vendor here in the Richmond area, Honey and the Hive, that is a brand new Brushy Mountain distributor. Hard to believe they would take on a new vendor if the plan was to close up shop.

They have three locations, maybe the rumour is that one of them is closing? Just a WAG.
    I am in Richmond--actually Henrico. Where is "Honey and the Hive" located? I buy mostly in bulk, but occasionally need some thing or another.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast