Thermal images

Thread: Thermal images

Default Thermal images

Hello, everyone,

here are some thermal images of my bee hives.

IMGT0011.jpg

This first one is a top bar hive. I have removed the lid, exposing the top bars. You'll notice at the end, near the top, is the slot entrance.

IMGT0016.jpg

This black and white one, the black represents hot spots. You can see my hand print with my thumb on the 13th top bar, which is the last "warm" bar. bars #7, #8, and #9 appear to be the most dense area of warmth.

IMGT0019.jpg

This one shows three guard bees that had just come out of the entrance slot.

IMGT0021.jpg

This one was from this morning, before sunrise. The first 11 bars are lit up from heat, and the remaining bars are black.

The outside temperature was in the 40s!
    Last edited by Yunzow; 10-23-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    My grandfather and great-uncle kept bees and my fiancée's grandfather, too. I want to pass this tradition along.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Thermal images

thx for sharing. was this FLIR? I have been satisfied with my very old iPhone and not sad about capabilities that I don't have due to its "incompatibility" with things like new apps. Now I am thinking it is possible to use FLIR with top bars after all. Well, xmas is coming....

Default Re: Thermal images

It's SEEK, which you may notice they imprint every photo with that, which I consider a downside....

I went for a stand-alone unit for the very reasons you mentioned. I was seeing in the q/a section of amazon, that there were several times a customer would note that iOs changes, and the manufacturer would say something oh we haven't updated it yet for the new iOs. Seems like iOs is changed so often the camera plug-in would soon be software obsolete....

Quote Originally Posted by trishbookworm View Post
    thx for sharing. was this FLIR? I have been satisfied with my very old iPhone and not sad about capabilities that I don't have due to its "incompatibility" with things like new apps. Now I am thinking it is possible to use FLIR with top bars after all. Well, xmas is coming....
    My grandfather and great-uncle kept bees and my fiancée's grandfather, too. I want to pass this tradition along.