Immigration, bee style. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Immigration, bee style.

You are correct. It was not one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, it is one of the 7 wonders of the world. Different list. And while it did ultimately fail in it's purpose, the amount of resources devoted to the project, both human and financial, speak to how important the issue was to the rulers at that time.

I still believe this is not a political issue, but one of national sovereignty. It is a shame when a party attaches itself to one side or the other of an issue like this. It ought to unify us, not divide us.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

"I still believe this is not a political issue, but one of national sovereignty. It is a shame when a party attaches itself to one side or the other of an issue like this. It ought to unify us, not divide us."

I'm doing some catch up reading tonight and it's the first time I have read a post by member 1102009.
    Has someone somehow been allowed to change their 'permanent name tag'? if so why?

Quote Originally Posted by clyderoad View Post
    I'm doing some catch up reading tonight and it's the first time I have read a post by member 1102009.
    Has someone somehow been allowed to change their 'permanent name tag'? if so why?
    That used to be SiWolKe. In Diseases and Pests read the "Do I really need to medicate" thread. It got a little intense and sadly she wanted to leave the forum.
    ks

I do not think it was intended to change all of Sybille's posts to the new "name tag". Although she did ask to be removed and then allowed in. Her tag could have been permanently deleted and was no longer able to be used, even by her.
    FWIW, EverythingBeeVac used to be Texasfreedom, so there are loopholes. I am sure a moderator must approve them though.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

In the past others have gotten their feathers ruffled as well and asked (one even demanded) to be 'deleted' as they were done with visiting here.
    The requests were denied with the reasoning being the information flow, and sense, of the individual threads would be disrupted
    if the contributions of that member were deleted.
    Even Barred members' contributions carry their original name tags.

And now a new name tag 1102009 replaces and old one.
    What drama!

I'm a 72 yr. old Veteran (USAF '66-'72) - to follow thru on the analogy brought forward by JWPalmer, The young citizens of our country need to understand that if we are not careful and attentive America can look like yellow jackets have attacked and SHB and wax moths have moved in. The more you give away the more attractive you become to robbing. I run robbing screens on my hives all year...

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    I'm a 72 yr. old Veteran (USAF '66-'72) - to follow thru on the analogy brought forward by JWPalmer, The young citizens of our country need to understand that if we are not careful and attentive America can look like yellow jackets have attacked and SHB and wax moths have moved in. The more you give away the more attractive you become to robbing. I run robbing screens on my hives all year...
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Many years ago states saved money and weakened unions by cutting labor inspectors. What happens when you create a vacuum?
    Whining about the Federal Government not protecting the borders when the States will not do their own job of preventing Americans from paying under the table. And who works under the table?

Running from drug gangs in South America; And whose habits created the gangs? Own what we own.
    Hell, we can't even protect the borders of Chicago from drug gangs. Or the woods of Maine from meth labs and heroin.

Nobody does walls more than Israel. How peaceful is that neighborhood?

Afraid of immigrants? I'm afraid of drunk drivers, pushers, and pissed off people with AR 15s.
    It is not true that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
    They can learn them, they just can't do them.

Quote Originally Posted by ;1678971
    to follow thru on the analogy brought forward
    The whole comparing bee society with human society thing bothered me from the beginning. Correct me if I'm wrong but won't a hive low on pollen and honey kill off it's brood?
    ks

I run robbing screens on my hives all year...
    Unlike bees, people adapt and find a new route.

Borrowing money from China to build a robber screen doesn't seem like added security to me. Add debt to China to my list of bigger worries.

But thank you for your service.

Just a funny nobody get mad. But I do have a shirt that says Illegal immigrants like are sperm. Millions of them come and only one of the little guys work.

Also not sure about it being "my" fault. I don't do drugs and pay a LOT in taxes for those who have been here and to those in the last 12 years just got here for welfare, Obama care and what ever Care. Unlike the hive I'm just donating money or honey to what could've been spent on the hive or paying off china. 84hr work wks take a lot of taxes. I strongly believe in assited help like food stamps etc... Just saying not all of my money is being well spent. Besides what I waste anyway. And meth labs in Maine or OK several here as well means drug money is not going south of the border.
    Last edited by CLSranch; 11-09-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Well we're pretty much out of original topical posts here. Respectfully, it may be time to move to Tailgater, lock this up or just let the dust settle on its own but this thread is no longer in the right neighborhood.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Sorry Ravenseye.

Like many others, I have strong veiws on social policy. I do not think this is an appropriate forum to discuss them. The immigration issue was unique in that our bees have a policy and it seems to work for the benefit of the hive. Thank you to everyone that offered an opinion. It is time to close this thread and move on to other things. So how about those (fill in the name of your favorite sports team)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    Well we're pretty much out of original topical posts here. Respectfully, it may be time to move to Tailgater, lock this up or just let the dust settle on its own but this thread is no longer in the right neighborhood.
    I guess I'm the guy that derailed the original topic aspect of this thread. I fully understand why you don't want political arguing happening. However we have the common interest of beekeeping. We are not just anonymous internet trolls. We know who lost hives, made splits or harvested honey. I have enjoyed the diversity of opinion in this thread. I get the same at Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I really didn't know what Tailgater was, maybe I'll look into that.

If the Administrator will allow; if not delete me, no offense.

CLSranch,
    other than the tee shirt , you are not wrong.

Abolish ICE; crazy talk.

I'm surprised no administrator made the observation that sometimes you need to smoke them /us .
    Last edited by Saltybee; 11-10-2018 at 07:18 AM. Reason: duh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123