Beekeepers running for office

Default Beekeepers running for office

I just saw that there's a beekeeper (Kim Olson) running for election as the Texas Agricultural Commissioner. Of course, this may be only of interest to Texas beekeepers, who could choose to vote for her.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07...t-agriculture/

Are there any other beekeepers running for state office that Beesource members are aware of?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Beekeepers running for office

Most democrats, beek or not, will hopefully have an up hill battle in Texas.

Political party membership would be a good reason not to elect that person beekeeper or not as theses party members put the party agenda first over the interests of the people or the country. Over the years I have pondered the reason that so few Americans take part in elections and have finally come to the conclusion that most of them are tired of having to choose from two piles of horse manure and having to choose the smaller of the piles as it would create less of a mess.
    Johno

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Political party membership would be a good reason not to elect that person beekeeper or not as theses party members put the party agenda first over the interests of the people or the country. Over the years I have pondered the reason that so few Americans take part in elections and have finally come to the conclusion that most of them are tired of having to choose from two piles of horse manure and having to choose the smaller of the piles as it would create less of a mess.
    Johno

Yet another communist with a criminal or quasi-criminal past that clearly demonstrated a lack of integrity, common sense, honesty, and good judgement. These candidates wear the label of Democrat but they are clearly communists. They are most definitely NOT liberals as they do NOT favor reform, open to new ideas, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; not bound by traditional thinking; broad-minded. This applies to BOTH parties or what I call the uni-party. Texas seems to be putting forth an unusual bumper crop of these communist candidates the most notorious being Robert Francis Beto Poncho Lefty O'Rourke, and other non-Texans Alexandria Ocasio-Ortiz. On the other hand, the Republicans have not put forth a conservative since Calvin Coolidge. As Johno so aptly and accurately stated........pick your pile of horse manure.

will hopefully have an up hill battle in Texas.
    Well, that may be your opinion, sir, but it is offensive - and needlessly divisive to the BS community - to categorize an entire political party as undeserving of election. I'm sure there are plenty of BS members who support Democratic candidates, in all states, and in Texas, in particular.

This thread should be moved to the Coffee Klaatch, or removed altogether.

Nancy

threads have been getting boring, please don't dead end the thread in Tailgater, the door is open, but the lights are not shinning.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Beekeeping unites us, politics will divide us. There is no place for political commentary here. I don't even know why a post such as Agricultural Commissioner would have a politcal affiliation.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Well, the thread started off innocently enough.

But, it quickly degenerated . . . .

. . . politics and religion ... it doesn't take long . . .
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft