Psychological Types and Conspiracy Theories - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Psychological Types and Conspiracy Theories

Interesting read on a rainy morn - thanks.
    I have a couple of conspiracy theorists in this valley - but so what - I understand that 60% of US Americans belive in the devil and even more in God - one person's conspiracy anothers religion. Live and let live.
    from the Bee House -http://ecologicalsolutions.com.au/bees/?page_id=8
    40 years - +/- 20 H - TF - Subtropical

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Yes many forms of belief in unsubstantiated ideas. Conspiracy based is only one. By selective collection you can support the belief of anything you wish. The more demonstrative and apparent the self confidence in it, the more it is supposed to lend credulity to the idea. The more ludicrous the ideas you can claim to believe, the more you demonstrate the strength of your faith
    Frank

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, yes, of course.

A study at a university on belief and personality type was recently finished. People that follow and believe conspiracy theories are the same type as highly religeous people. They are convinced of a myserious and powerful hidden force/ group/ deity with control over events from ?hiding/ high above, seats of power/ heaven/ hell.

They are believers in fate, or powers, manipulations from far away or predestined things ordinary people cannot understand.

It was written up as a news story, because this result greatly surprised the researchers.

It was independant of belief in God. Atheists are equally likely to be this way.

I believe in God and do not believe in almost all conspiracy theories. I agree with the fact some theories are not far from the truth but most unlikely. There was an earlier post that I really wanted to reply to and forgot already what it was. Too tired to look back.lolzzz

Also SiWolke I didn't know (forgot) that you couldn't have weapons (rifles, guns) but my only time there was a weekend visiting my brother who was stationed there while I was working in Lithuania.

Quote Originally Posted by CLSranch View Post
    Also SiWolke I didn't know (forgot) that you couldn't have weapons (rifles, guns) but my only time there was a weekend visiting my brother who was stationed there while I was working in Lithuania.
    You can kill dissidents without weapons, you can even kill dissidents with words...

Hmm this might be one of the latest, this link was sent to me by a concerned friend

Oh, don't click any of the linked advertisements on the page, one of them was blocked by my AV for malware.

Doctor Blows Whistle on Flu Shot: 'Itís Designed to Spread Cancer'

READ MORE: https://neonnettle.com/news/3758-doc...spread-cancer-
    © Neon Nettle
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Well now OT that is quite a marketing strategy to get greater market share just go out and kill all your customers, wonder who did the math there. It would be like me deciding to increase my honey sales by adding cyanide and then wondering what happened to all my return customers who have not returned.
    Johno

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    It would be like me deciding to increase my honey sales by adding cyanide and then wondering what happened to all my return customers who have not returned.
    Johno
    Any customers who did return would clearly be Illuminati.
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Well now OT that is quite a marketing strategy to get greater market share just go out and kill all your customers, wonder who did the math there. It would be like me deciding to increase my honey sales by adding cyanide and then wondering what happened to all my return customers who have not returned.
    Johno

Well I can go get a free flu shot all over. It's a little harder to get a free chemotherapy session. lol

wow. Been a while since I was on here. I give most conspiracies 2 head nods and a shake of salt, and then I go to work and watch the news later and see what happened.

I'm too poor to be a full time conspiracy theorist
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, flood and strange weather. The bees are still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Yes, but remember that sometimes bad people do get together to do bad things. Sometimes those bad people are governments, and everyone laughs at the ones who see it, maligns them, marginalizes them, maybe even throws them in jail or kill them. Then they are proven right.

No, I don't believe in chemtrails or that Obama was born in Kenya, but there are plenty of "conspiracy theories" that are either true or not too far off.

Any examples of "conspiracy theories" that turned out to be true?
    Lawrence Heafner
    15 hives; 17 years; TF for 12; Zone 7B

Quote Originally Posted by heaflaw View Post
    Any examples of "conspiracy theories" that turned out to be true?
    https://www.businessinsider.com/5-co...be-true-2015-6

The Tuskegee syphilis experiment, Watergate, Iran-Contra, the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

Back around 1999 or 2000 or so the US Government declassified all sorts of documents that proved all sorts of conspiracy theories. A list of most of the heinous ones was in Newsweek back then. Newsweek continues to publish declassified documents like this. The US Government had seeded the clouds in the pacific northwest with radioactive material to see what it would do to the people there. They had seeded the clouds with silver iodide to try to change the weather back in the 60's and 70's. I don't think they are doing it now, but the "chem trail" thing was true back then. The Indian Health Service got caught sterilizing Indian women without their consent or knowledge back in the 1970s. The Government got caught experimenting with vaccines on Indian kids back in the 80s and 90s. The BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) has misplaced BILLIONS of dollars of the American Indians' money. This is not a theory. This is a fact, but of course the idea that the BIA was stealing money was a conspiracy theory for a long time...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    Back around 1999 or 2000 or so the US Government declassified all sorts of documents that proved all sorts of conspiracy theories. A list of most of the heinous ones was in Newsweek back then. Newsweek continues to publish declassified documents like this. The US Government had seeded the clouds in the pacific northwest with radioactive material to see what it would do to the people there. They had seeded the clouds with silver iodide to try to change the weather back in the 60's and 70's. I don't think they are doing it now, but the "chem trail" thing was true back then. The Indian Health Service got caught sterilizing Indian women without their consent or knowledge back in the 1970s. The Government got caught experimenting with vaccines on Indian kids back in the 80s and 90s. The BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) has misplaced BILLIONS of dollars of the American Indians' money. This is not a theory. This is a fact, but of course the idea that the BIA was stealing money was a conspiracy theory for a long time...
    Yes, there are plenty of examples for anyone who chooses to look. But, of course, those were all in the past, nothing like that going on now .... Only crazy people believe that stuff.

The chem trail thing was true?
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Lets get closer to now, 2016 Russians hijacked the elections, a little after that claims that the FBI wiretapped Trump Towers. Government Departments become part of a political party apparatus. The second and third have been proved to be true, the first! well it appears 69 million Russians must have voted for Trump and they must also be attending his rally's.
    Johno

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The chem trail thing was true?
    Be sure not to confuse chem trail with con trail. A con trail is the visible condensation from the jet engines of an airplane at a high altitude. It is water vapor and looks like a long skinney cloud. I have never seen a " chem trail" although I have heard of cloud seeding to induce percipitation.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

I remember an incident a few years ago:
    a mobile phone mast should have gone online and opponents gathered to protest against it (using smartphones in their hands for their own communication, by the way) because they believed their health would be compromised by radiation in the immediate vicinity.
    The operators wrote down information about the damage the opponents were sure to feel and documented it, only to reveal after a while that the mast was not connected at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast