Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Vaporizer Instructions "by the book"?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  beefarmer 
#1 ·
OK... so I watched a bunch of YouTube videos, talked to folks in our local bee club, and have read plenty here about using oxalic acid vaporizer.

Virtually all say the same: 2:30 minutes with vaporizer connected to battery, unplug for 2 minutes, then remove vaporizer and proceed to next hive.

The instructions that came with the vaporizer say to leave hive 'plugged up' with foam pieces (or similar) for an additional 10 minutes.

I read most of the instructions, but not that part... until after I'd completed for the day.

Is that extra 10 minutes critical?

Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
Yes, the way to do it is to leave it sealed up for 10 minutes. Is it critical? Don't know but people who are promoting and selling the product undoubtedly did lots of tests and they thought it was important. I am sure you will still get a good kill, maybe just not as much. Just do it according to instructions next time. I assume you are doing a series...J

#5 ·
... people who are promoting and selling the product undoubtedly did lots of tests and they thought it was important...
HA! Yep... this post was me hoping the instructions were a bit like expiration dates on food, and the "E" on my gas tank... useful but not entirely accurate... :)
I'll find some foam pieces for pluggin' up next treatment.

Thanks all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.