Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer

170K views 209 replies 77 participants last post by  nailbender0259 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you who have been unable to build your own band heater vaporizer I can offer the Easy Vap, which comes with operating instructions and 3 Mocap caps. Price $150 plus $15 shipping priority mail - USA. As I am able to build +- 10 units per week the vaporizers will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
John Olivier, Lottsburg, VA 22511. Email john_olivier@msn.com. Product Technology Plastic

For those of you who are not familiar with Johno's Easy Vap click on this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ets5cCtFsb4&feature=youtu.be

See less See more
#157 ·
I have finally completed my 2021 vaporizer backlog and now have some vaporizers in stock ready to ship

Ahttps://www.youtube.coAm/watch?v=Ets5cCtFsb4&t=844s
Font Material property Rectangle Office equipment Electric blue

***The Easy Vap is for beekeepers who keep their hives on stands and can treat through a 1/4" hole in the back of the hive. The Pallet Vap is for migratory beekeepers who keep their hives on pallets and can only treat through their front entrances.

The price is $160 for the Easy Vap, $175 for the Pallet Vap (previously known as Pro Vap), plus $17 for priority mail shipping in the USA. The vaporizers come with 4 silicone caps, extra caps can be purchased at $2.25 each. You can purchase by check, money order or I can send a Paypal invoice to your email address, you do not have to have an account with Paypal and you can pay them by card online. I also need a current shipping address
To purchase please email to
john_olivier@msn.com

#161 ·
After taking a 6-month break in early 2021 I decided to re design the Easy Vaps resulting in Printing the whole enclosure in PETG. The pics you see are from more than 6 months ago and I have since been working on the printer parameters until the latest prints are coming out really clean and good looking. I have also decided to make both models in white as the white looks so much nicer than the grey and id a little more forgiving in the finish. Even though there has been an escalation in the price of the components I have been able to hold the price steady due to the amount of labor saves in the assembly of the vaporizers. Still the same vaporizer in a different package.

#162 ·
Glad you're back at it johno! Mine has been great for a couple years now with hundreds of vaporizations on it. The only thing I've ever had to do with it is scrub the sublimation pot. It got rather dirty and with the oxidation it was taking several minutes to do a hive. With a wire brush it's now back down to under a minute. Actually used it last night!

And any good source, or would you sell, replacement silicon cups? Mine are looking a little worn and dried up.

#163 ·
I do sell silicone cups and they are cheap, but shipping jacks the price up. I sell them for $2.25 each but $9 for small box priority mail shipping, I can fit up to 28 in that small box, so you just need to see how many you need. I have had 4 trouble free years now with mine but soon figured out that you need to keep the bottom of the bowl clean to keep short sublimation times. I have a wire brush that I run around the bottom of the bowl as I move from one hive to the next and just that wipe breaks the oxidization layer and keeps sublimation constant. I still maintain if the bowl is clean, it is the fastest and most efficient vaporizer of its type out there. Email me and I will get some new caps out to you.

#164 ·
I'll have a better look at mine and if they won't last much longer I'll order a few from you. I certainly don't need 28...more like 5.

And it is fast! I haven't seen the need to wire brush it after every treatment, just after each round of treatments keeps things moving quickly. I'm also not patient enough to do it after ever hive. Too many and I got things to do!

#165 ·
Once your bowl is good and clean just note where the temperature drops to when the OA hits the bottom of the bowl, mine is around the 300 degree area. Now watch that temperature slowly start increasing after some treatments and after a great deal of treatments some feel that the OA has not come out of the cap cause the temperature does not drop and there is no vapor, they then start beating on the cap until vapor starts. Meanwhile all this is adding to your treatment times, so I have a stainless steel cup brush mounted onto some 3/4" round wood dowel. The end of the steel brush has a cross ground with an angle grinder into the tip so as to allow the wires to go over the pan head of the mounting screw and just by inserting this brush into the bowl and with a single twist it breaks up the layer at the bottom of the bowl. I keep this brush and the cap loading spoon in the bowl of OA so it is simple to pick up and insert as I move to the next hive and only takes a second to do. You will then find that the bowl temperature will drop down to the same level after each use and the sublimation time is minimized. With caps unfortunately I cannot use a smaller box as the USPS complains that they cannot fit their labels onto smaller boxes so the fewer caps in the box the higher the shipping cost per part.

#166 · (Edited)
I'll take a pallet version with a total of 10 caps @johno. Don't know how much use I'll get out of it, but I've been on the fence and with you back into it, I'll definitely bite. I have a few buddies using either wands, or propane bug foggers. I think the propane rig makes a lot of vapor quick, but it's mixed with ethanol and probably just gives them a buzz.

So if my little bee farm doesn't warrant use on my treated hives, I'm quite sure several people I know will want to borrow (where's my biz manager @Gray Goose with the word "Rent"?) it.

If I get to April and all mites have been destroyed in the non-treated hives, .... well, that'll be a classy problem.

I'll shoot you an email, Thanks, js

#167 ·
So if my little bee farm doesn't warrant use on my treated hives, I'm quite sure several people I know will want to borrow (where's my biz manager @Gray Goose with the word "Rent"?) it.
Costs a 6 pack, for 48 hours, late fees apply......

OA available upon request,, ( at 4 x the cost) so instead of 12 cents a hive it is 48 cents. so yours is free and you have a beer while doing it.

GG

#168 ·
Joe you will not be disappointed with it!

I would get enough caps for however many live you have and a couple of extras.

Reactions: joebeewhisperer
#172 ·
A reminder that my email address is john_olivier@msn.com , there is an underscore between john and olivier and there are two i's in olivier.
I’m glad you posted this. With my eyesight I was catching the underscore, but wasn’t 100% on the spelling of your last name. But after my email to you didn’t bounce, figured I had it.

My unit will be here tomorrow. My wife said, “Could I just pay you back for your axolotl acid thingy and that be your Valentine present?” (Our son use to raise axolotls) - Sure thing 😃🐝

#173 ·
Just a follow-up, I got my Easy Vap (pallet version) last weekend and used it early in the week. Never used this method before and did the whole treatment side of the yard in <30 minutes including unpacking mask and other equipment/supplies.

Totally satisfied with the purchase. 😀🐝

#174 ·
Just a reminder, I still have some vaporizers available and you need to email me at john_olivier@msn.com ( remember the underscore between john and olivier and also there are two i's in olivier. )
Both models are now produced in white.

Font Material property Rectangle Office equipment Electric blue

***The Easy Vap is for beekeepers who keep their hives on stands and can treat through a 1/4" hole in the back of the hive. The Pallet Vap is for migratory beekeepers who keep their hives on pallets and can only treat through their front entrances.

The price is $160 for the Easy Vap, $175 for the Pallet Vap (previously known as the Easy Vap Pro), plus $17 for priority mail shipping in the USA. The vaporizers come with 4 silicone caps, extra caps can be purchased at $2.25 each. You can purchase by check, money order or I can send a Paypal invoice to your email address, you do not have to have an account with Paypal and you can pay them by card online. I also need a current shipping address.

#180 ·
After 2 years of ownership I am completely satisfied with my Johno vaporizer. I bought a 2cycle generator this year as i have 40 hives and do several rounds a few days apart. I bought 12 cups so i'm able to fill them as i go and not stop.
I have not had to touch one thing on this unit since i opened it. I'd buy another if this thing broke and still be ahead of commercial solutions.

#182 ·
I second just exactly what you said!

Bought extra cups, think I have about 20. Preload and sit them on the tops of each hive and just walk down the row. Take a water break and refill the cups and go again.
I run mine off of a big gas welder/generator and a 100' cord.

Very pleased with mine after 2 years.

Only recommendation is to wear leather gloves, the bowl gets very hot and if not careful and touch the bowl while changing the cups will get burned.

#184 ·
My leather bee gloves are usually sufficient but agree holding a hot cup for more then 5 seconds and you'll notice. I have adopted bringing a bucket to sit on when i do them. Found if i'm kneeling or bending over i tend to bend the spout. I'd love that to be steel or something so i could insert and hang it on something. That way i can fill cups as i go.

#185 ·
Sorry Kaizen, I have tried copper plated steel on the nozzles and find that anything other than copper blocks up in no time at all. Regarding the caps, there is no reason to push them down hard as they stick in the bowl quite well and then are easily removed from the top edge with a twisting motion. I do not wear gloves as I find it more difficult to work with them on. The Easy Vap is the one that you can leave just hanging in the hole. You can also leave the Pallet Vap hanging in a 7/32" hole as well, although more care must be taken no to put undue pressure on the nozzle.

#186 ·
@johno have you tried a stainless cup and nozzle?

I wear leather gloves to work in on a daily basis, so this does not hinder me in the least.
Most times I do not wear any gloves to work bees, but I have been burned a couple of times using the OAV. Just me I guess.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.